The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will be a motivated and enthusiastic professional with some related experience, or a recent graduate with applicable internship experience. Additionally, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a similar field.
- One to two years of experience in a financial analyst role or some internship or professional experience.
- A strong understanding of and ability to create financial reports and analysis.
- A team player mentality and strong learning acumen.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and great presentation abilities.
- The ability to think strategically, to work with data and numbers, and to provide thoughtful, detailed analysis.
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to multitask and manage projects to keep teams on track with deliverables in a high-pressure setting.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency, and to turn in quality work quickly, under strict time constraints.
- Flexibility and the desire to go above and beyond what is required of you.
- Familiarity with Argus and/or Yardi will be a plus.
- Experience in the real estate, property management or related industry will also be helpful.
The RoleReporting directly to the VP of Portfolio Management for the East region, as Portfolio Analyst, you will be responsible for the preparation and validation of the monthly financial reports, annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and cash flow modeling of this regions' assets. You will be charged with consolidating information and relaying it back to the asset management team and property managers who oversee the 44 properties within the East region. This is Digital Realty's largest territory, and you'll serve as a quarterback--coordinating between our region and the corporate office in San Francisco and acting as the main point of contact for our quarter-end processes.
Between quarters, you'll spend the majority of your time working with asset managers on lease analysis, developing cash flow analysis, tracking construction and development projects and maintaining inventory. At the end of the quarter you will focus your efforts on forecasting, budgeting, and reporting; which will include occupancy and variance analysis, capital planning and redevelopment reports.
More specifically, you will:
- Coordinate and advise the preparation and consolidation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Generate and review monthly and quarterly reporting package consisting of financial statements and ad hoc schedules for the region.
- Create and update financial reports and analysis of corporate assets.
- Coordinate and advise various functional departments on accounting and lease administrative issues.
- Coordinate with lease administrator to ensure that leases are reported correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and review corporate assets inventory databases within the region.
- Research and compile market trend, activity and competitor analysis data as needed.
- Prepare investment analysis’ for asset management team on respective properties.
- Review and activate leases in our Yardi database and maintain accurate Yardi data for our leases.
Why Digital Realty<img data-cke-saved-src="\" src="\"http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=4f8f3a8f43da7\"" style="\"padding-bottom:" 15px;="" padding-left:="" float:="" right\"="">Professional development -- this is a high-visibility role that can be both challenging and fulfilling. If you jump in with both feet, and have the aptitude and ambition, there's room to continue to build a career with Digital. Our growth will create advancement opportunities for strong performers, and you'll be in a great position to make a positive impression on upper management. ?In fact, this position has been added to accommodate our growth and allow another Portfolio Analyst on the team to move into a new position.
The "best of both worlds" -- you'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with over 500 employees worldwide, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive portfolio of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Great culture -- at Digital Realty you'll join a great team made up of diverse personalities in an easy-going but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration, and understand the value that each employee brings. We are collaborative and people-focused, with a dedication to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Green standard for sustainability -- we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements (pictured above). We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
Strong foundation -- our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their data center partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner. At Digital Realty the success of your business is our business.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you will need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels across the organization and at different locations. Collaboration is key here, and you'll call on your organizational agility to successfully coordinate with different stakeholders and departments across multiple time zones. You'll need to be able to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities and exercise good judgment. We're looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual who can research, compile, analyze, report and present findings in a clear and concise way.
About Us<img data-cke-saved-src="\" src="\"http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=4fa17c826e781\"" style="\"padding-bottom:" 15px;="" padding-left:="" float:="" right\"=""> Since the Company's initial public offering in November 2004, Digital Realty Trust, Inc. has been a fast-growing leader in the design, development and operation of data centers worldwide. We focus on delivering customer driven data center solutions by providing secure, reliable and cost effective facilities that meet each customer's unique data center needs. Over 10% of Fortune's Global 200 companies rely on Digital Realty to provide solutions for their data center requirements. Our customers include domestic and international companies across multiple industry verticals ranging from leading media, financial services and communications companies to technology-based businesses.
Digital Realty's portfolio is located in more than 30 markets across nine countries throughout North America, Europe, Singapore and Australia. Our global presence is supported by local experts in the markets we serve. And we stand out in the marketplace by offering innovative solutions driven by customers who see data centers not just as a technical investment, but also as a strategic platform for success.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.