The Requirements<img data-cke-saved-src="\" src="\"http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=4fa17c580ef51\"" style="\"padding-bottom:" 15px;="" padding-left:="" float:="" right\"="">To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business Management, Accounting or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- A minimum of three to five years of related experience as an executive assistant, junior project / account manager, marketing assistant or related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.); including experience managing spreadsheets and developing presentations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple activities and priorities effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- A professional and articulate presence, and comfort interacting with senior executives.
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both co-workers and external contacts.
- ?An entrepreneurial and proactive spirit, goal orientation and a strong sense of ownership.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively in a cross-cultural, team oriented environment.
- The ability to produce and manage budget related spreadsheets, cost reporting and purchase orders.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
The RoleReporting directly to the VP, Carrier and Connectivity Operations, as Business Project Manager your mission will be to support all business administration functions within the Carrier and Connectivity Operations group. You’ll be responsible for cost tracking, budget management and analysis, tracking of purchase orders and contract administration.
You’ll serve as the “right arm” to the VP, where you will focus your efforts on order and contract execution and supporting the entire group—which will eventually consist of approximately 10 people. This new division is tasked with taking all of the real estate components in our portfolio and tying them together in a Carrier and Connectivity environment in order to create new products on the connectivity platform to sell alongside our real estate offerings. You’ll play a key role in facilitating a smooth administrative process.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Directly supporting the VP of Carrier and Connectivity Operations.
- Contract administration and cost and budget tracking for all Carrier and Connectivity related infrastructure.
- Coordination of business activities within the group.
- Processing and tracking all internal purchase requisitions and external service orders.
- Serving as the business liaison between Carrier and Connectivity and DLR legal teams.
Why Digital Realty<img data-cke-saved-src="\" src="\"http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=4f8f3a8f43da7\"" style="\"padding-bottom:" 15px;="" padding-left:="" float:="" right\"=""> Professional development -- your primary focus, of course, will be on business project management for the Carrier and Connectivity group, but you'll gain experience in a variety of areas that are new to you. Your manager places a strong emphasis on employee development and you'll have the opportunity to continuously learn new skills as you evolve and grow. We are committed to helping our people grow professionally, including providing training opportunities.
Career options -- this role can provide you with challenges and fulfillment for years to come. At the same time, if you have the aptitude and ambition, our ongoing growth -- here in New York and in other locations -- will create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Great environment -- at Digital Realty you'll join a great team made up of diverse personalities in an easy-going but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration, and understand the value that each employee brings. Your manager will give you freedom and autonomy while also providing the resources, mentoring and support you need to succeed as a BI Developer.
Green standard for sustainability -- we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices (pictured). Not only do we build to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements, but we also are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, including being a contributing member of The Green Grid.
Stable profile -- our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their data center partner for current data center needs and those in the future. Our investment-grade debt ratings provide us with access to capital to support the growth of our company, provide financing options for our customers, and continually invest in our properties.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Keys to SuccessTo excel as Business Project Manager you will possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities. This is a role where there are a lot of moving parts; we are purchasing assets, services from carriers and equipment, and you’ll need to have the ability to keep the ball rolling with each of the different components. Each data center site is unique, and all of the purchase orders and budgets for the individual properties are allocated to each location. You’ll work directly with the Property Managers and other contacts at each site to ensure budgets and contracts are being funneled properly. You’ll need to be comfortable gathering information from a variety of different contacts both internally and externally, including Engineers, Legal, and Account Managers.
Additionally, in order to be an outstanding Business Project Manager you will be proactive and eager to shape the direction of this role. Your manager travels frequently and you will need to be trustworthy and able to work independently. We’re looking for a driven professional who can manage the overall business function of this group.
About Us<img data-cke-saved-src="\" src="\"http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=4fa17c826e781\"" style="\"padding-bottom:" 15px;="" padding-left:="" float:="" right\"=""> Since the company's initial public offering in November 2004, Digital Realty has been a fast-growing leader in the design, development and operation of data centers worldwide. We focus on delivering customer driven data center solutions by providing secure, reliable and cost effective facilities that meet each customer's unique data center needs.
More than 10% of Fortune's Global 200 companies rely on Digital Realty to provide solutions for their data center requirements. Our customers include domestic and international companies across multiple industry verticals ranging from leading media, financial services and communications companies to technology-based businesses.
Digital Realty's portfolio is located in more than 30 markets across nine countries throughout North America, Europe, Singapore and Australia. Our global presence is supported by local experts in the markets we serve. We stand out in the marketplace by offering innovative solutions driven by customers who see data centers not just as a technical investment, but also as a strategic platform for success.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.