TX - Dallas or CA - Los Angeles
Digital Realty Trust Inc. is hiring a Business Analyst for both in-house product development and customer implementation projects. As a member of a high-performing team, you will be integral to our product’s and client’s successes. This role requires the desire to embrace a domain within the Technology Real Estate industry and develop a deep understanding of the business, processes, and systems. You will interact with all levels of the project teams, including users, developers, and management to facilitate solution development, create process flows, develop and maintain requirements, define test scenarios and work through related issues. There are tremendous opportunities for career growth and advancements.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, and process modeling preferably in a Commercial Real Estate environment or Real Estate Technology environment
- Fundamental understanding of high-end commercial real estate operations, leasing, finance, and accounting
- Product implementation and experience at customer sites
- In depth understanding of business process modeling and requirements gathering
- Experience with full SDLC processes and adaptable to different methodologies
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex tasks
- Strong listening, written, and oral presentation skills
- Experience with UML artifacts for requirements, design, and testing
- Proven problem solving and conflict management experience
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Good technical orientation: project lifecycle, data modeling, basic SQL, technical design
- Undergraduate degree in MIS or Business focusing on analytics or other Engineering fields would be ideal
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Why Digital Realty
- Work with Information Technology to automate and streamline real estate manual business processes.
- Assist in the business transformation effort by being an advocate for change and process improvement striving for a more analytical approach to real estate investment
- Collaborate with experts to understand and document business requirements
- Develop and maintain requirements, workflows, and process models
- Develop and maintain test cases, scenarios, and data; hands-on testing may be required
- Collaborate with the product development team for product enhancements and implementations
- Facilitate the adoption of business process changes and service introduction
- Provide training and support to various user groups
- Read, understand, and document customers’ service offerings
- Present ideas for product improvements based on business understanding and innovations
Make an impact -- You’ll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact company growth and your professional career.
The “best of both worlds” -- you'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 800 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth; stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Unique culture -- we are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Strong foundation -- our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability -- we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
At Digital Realty the success of your business is our business.
About Digital Realty
Since the Company's initial public offering in November 2004, Digital Realty has been a fast-growing leader in the design, development and operation of data centers worldwide. We focus on delivering customer driven data center solutions by providing secure, reliable and cost effective facilities that meet each customer's unique data center needs. Our customers include domestic and international companies across multiple industry verticals ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, health care and consumer products. Digital Realty's 130 properties comprise approximately 23.8 million square feet as of September 30, 2013. Digital Realty's portfolio is located in 33 markets across ten countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our global presence is supported by local experts in the markets we serve. And we stand out in the marketplace by offering innovative solutions driven by customers who see data centers not just as a technical investment, but also as a strategic platform for success.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled