The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the role of Manager, Office of the CEO, you also should have:
- 15+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting C-Level executives
- A professional and articulate presence and comfort interacting with senior executives
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including the ability to work with spreadsheets and to leverage Outlook in managing schedules and communications
- Availability to support extended and varied work hours based on global work schedule needs
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is highly preferred
- Financial Services, Commercial Real Estate, or a technology industry background preferred
- An appropriate sense of urgency as well as the ability to maintain a level-headed approach to coordinating multiple activities and priorities
- The ability not only to coordinate travel but also to respond to last-minute itinerary changes effectively
- Excellent gatekeeping, calendaring and planning skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with strict attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple activities and priorities
- Strong writing and editing skills, including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation
- A friendly people-oriented approach and the ability to interact effectively with customers and coworkers
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications
- A strong sense of ownership and goal-driven personality
- Resourcefulness and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Reliability and punctuality
- High level of confidentiality
The RoleIn this critical role, you will directly support and serve as the right hand of the CEO and manage all activities that fall within the CEO office. You will keep him organized, manage his calendar, support projects and presentations, act as gatekeeper -- do whatever is needed to allow him to optimally perform his role.
The CEO travels quite a bit, mostly domestically, but also to Europe and Asia, and if you're the person we're looking for, you know that things come up: flight delays, changes in plans, etc. You'll need to be effective at staying "one step ahead" of the CEO as he travels, ready to change a flight, order a car, or book a room at the last minute.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the CEO's calendar, including working with multiple parties to set up face-to-face meetings and conference calls. This may include ensuring refreshments are available
- Working with spreadsheets and developing reports
- Tracking and managing expenses
- Supporting projects with prep work, research, etc.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations, Word docs and other presentation collateral
- Generating purchase orders
- Performing administrative duties such as updating databases, preparing materials for meetings, preparing Board materials, etc.
- Managing additional tasks as assigned
- Communicating with the CEO's team, board members, and other external colleagues as appropriate
Pictured: Our 365 Main location in San Francisco.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
In this multi-faceted role, you're bound to gain experience in a variety of areas that are new to you. For example, you'll learn about both the data center and real estate industries. The CEO places a strong emphasis on employee development and you'll have the opportunity to continuously learn new skills as you evolve and grow. We are committed to helping our people grow and maintain critical professional skills, including providing training opportunities.
This role can provide you with challenges and professional fulfillment well into the future. At the same time, if you have the aptitude and ambition, our ongoing growth -- here in San Francisco and in other locations -- will create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Exciting time to join
Digital Realty offers robust colocation, strategic network dense connectivity, a vast and open partner ecosystem and unmatched freedom of choice to one of the world's largest data center footprints.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth; stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
We are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability
We are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption, and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match and much more.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be flexible and adaptable; there will be a lot going on, and priorities and deadlines will change frequently. You may start the day with a well laid out to-do list, but you can expect that list to change more than once! You'll need to understand the CEO's priorities, recognize what is most urgent, and handle it with unruffled confidence. To fit in well with the team you will be down-to-earth with a "can do" attitude. You'll be resourceful, learn quickly, and accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification. Because of level of your experience coming in, you may also have the opportunity to mentor others who are newer in their careers.
As always, patience will be a virtue. The CEO's meeting schedule is heavy, and getting several busy executives in the same place at the same time is never easy. Also, the CEO will send an email when an idea or thought comes to him, even on weekends. He won't expect you to respond immediately to each one, but you should keep track of all the ideas, instructions, and reminders he sends.
To be an outstanding Manager, Office of the CEO, you will be a go-getter, ready to jump in and take ownership of your assignment. You should be fearless about learning and managing new responsibilities when they arise. Fearless, however, is not careless. You'll take a logical approach and always rely on your strong and experienced judgment.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.