The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will bring high energy and creative thinking to help drive change. S/he will enjoy the challenge of a growth environment and know how to move the benefits function forward. If you are smart, articulate and ambitious, you'll fit right in with the HR team and the Digital Realty culture.
To meet the basic qualifications for the Senior Benefits Manager opportunity, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the role, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- 5-10 years of benefits management experience.
- Supervision/management experience.
- Ability to lead and work with external & internal partners to develop and implement programs.
- Ability to lead the design and management of recognition programs and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP).
- A robust understanding of HRIS systems, ideally Oracle Fusion; past experience with Oracle Benefits Administration module preferred.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office Suite programs, including strong Excel skills; excellent reporting skills.
- Strong HR functional knowledge including knowledge of HR best practice business processes.
- A strategic mindset with a willingness to be hands-on and ensure operational excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A successful track record of strong project management across a series of competing priorities.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage time well in order to meet deadlines.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to quality, honesty and integrity.
The RoleReporting to VP Total Rewards & HR Operations, as Senior Benefits Manager, you will manage a Benefits Analyst, work with our benefits vendors, and be directly responsible for:
- The administration of employee benefits.
- Generating and presenting reports and presentations to executives and senior management.
- Preparing and conducting annual enrollment.
- Completing benefit billing.
- Conducting benefit data audit / reconciliation.
- Providing customer service support to employees.
- Manage the administration of the company’s medical, dental, vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, disability and leave programs, as well as 401(k). Serve as subject matter expert in all areas.
- Consult with insurance brokers to survey and obtain coverage trends, options and costs; respond to insurance proposals from brokers, agents and consultants and make recommendations for coverage and provider changes.
- Participate in the Annual Benefits Renewal and Open Enrollment planning and execution including the preparation of management reports, development of the communication strategy and management of the enrollment process, including preparation and distribution of insurance and other benefit descriptive and enrollment materials to ensure accurate and timely submission of data to all carriers.
- Advise executive management on overall plan program operations including premium rate determinations and significant administrative issues.
- Interact with all levels of insurance carriers, brokers and consultants to resolve issues, assist with the implementation of new programs, and handle contractual concerns.
- Administer and maintain all employee data transactions, benefit elections, data integrity Manage and distribute all required annual notifications and Benefits/HRIS reporting requirements.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums claims and costs. Review all monthly invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure compliance with the defined contribution retirement program including auditing of payroll reports and maintaining positive working relationship with plan vendor.
- Assist with preparation of government reports such as Form 5500 and PBGC, Schedule SSA.
- Lead and manage benefits analyst; conduct performance appraisal.
More Good ReasonsGlobal impact & visibility
This role provides wide exposure in an area essential to our business. You’ll never be bored, because, while it is a tactical role, it’s also a strategic thinking role where your skill, experience and ability will directly impact results.
Autonomy, support & flexibility
You'll enjoy a good deal of autonomy in managing your responsibilities, but we also follow protocols and a strong teamwork model . . . in essence, you'll have support when you need it and "elbow room" when you don't. Once you're fully acclimated you could also have the opportunity to work from home on occasion.
Naturally, you'll come in with solid benefits experience and a track record of success with managing top-tier benefits programs. We’ll help you learn areas where you might have gaps. We are committed to the professional growth and development of our team members.
Digital Realty is a rapidly growing and advancing organization, providing opportunities for our proven performers. You could advance in this role, or depending on your performance and ambition, you might leverage your success in this role to pursue other opportunities within the company. Some opportunities may require relocation.
We are a collaborative, people-focused group dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you will receive our commitment to your continued development and support. We strive to promote a friendly, fun and open work environment, and our dedication to this is reflected in the tenure of our employees.
The 'best of both worlds'
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Our uncommonly strong balance sheet, investment-grade debt ratings and the ability to borrow in multiple currencies provide a global footprint for our customers and risk-reducing diversification for us. That puts us in an excellent position to grow the company, provide financing options for our customers, and continually investing in our properties.
Green standard for sustainability
We are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices. Not only do we build to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements, but we also are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, including being a contributing member of The Green Grid.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match and much more.
Video: each data center campus is different, but this virtual tour of Digital Ashburn, in Virginia, will give you and idea of the various systems, services and amenities that make Digital Realty the data center provider of choice worldwide. Located just west of Washington DC, Digital Ashburn includes 2 million square feet of data center space. You'll be based in our Santa Clara campus, which offers 300,000 square feet of data center space.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will have a unique combination of strategic prowess coupled with the ability to execute at the tactical level as you help us build a best-in-class benefits function. We're looking for a leader who can drive the overall direction of key programs, policies and procedures, while also being able to dig into fine details of individual offerings. Building relationships with external vendors and partners, as well as with team members and leaders internally, will be key to your success.
Our most successful leaders here at Digital Realty are collaborative, confident and eager to take a hands-on approach to their roles. They are approachable, dedicated to service and "get it" -- they are smart and understand quickly what they are trying to accomplish. They define their roles broadly with a fair amount of depth and are eager to jump in. They are passionate about their role. If that sounds like you, at Digital Realty, you will be able to thrive and make a difference.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.