The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will understand user access and roles within an operational system, and how access points can change the reactions and usability of the system and impact the business. You’ll provide input on how changes to the system will affect the Operations team. You’ll handle the internal verification of the tool, bug reporting and enhancement requests, as well as the external facing functionality of the system being used in the field to support our customers.
To meet the basic qualifications for the ServiceNow Operations Administrator opportunity, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
Additionally, to be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two to three years of prior experience in system admin, analytics, business intelligence and/or similar field, with emphasis on user access, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Experience using, designing and administering ServiceNow or similar ticket management system.
- Experience and familiarity with the following technologies, systems and techniques:
- Facility Management Applications (Planon, Infor EAM, Maximo, Tririga, etc.)
- Customer Portals
- Customer Relationship Management systems
- Agile Scrum methodology
- Operational knowledge of SQL Server
- Vizio flowcharts
- Excel / Smartsheet spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical information to a variety of business professionals.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to quality, honesty and integrity.
- Strong change management skills and the ability to shift priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A background in data centers, real estate, IT consulting could all be a strong fit.
The RoleReporting directly to the Director of Operations Management Systems, you will be responsible for the end-to-end support of all systems supporting operations and you’ll work with a variety of internal partners including Operations, Development, Security, Customer Service and others to drive improvements and solve problems. You’ll serve as our ServiceNow Admin, which is the platform we utilize to manage our work orders and tickets. We’ll look to you to guide Operations through the functionality of the system, answer questions from end users, read through enhancement requests and determine appropriate course of action, filter bug reports, determine roles within the system, conduct system training, document processes, and much more.
You’ll join a newly-created, talented team that includes a Director of Business Operations, with whom you will work closely.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the subject matter expert on Operation’s systems including diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues; as well as user administration.
- Maintaining multiple Task Specific Interfaces (TSI) information relative to physical property and equipment data.
- Cross-referencing data between multiple sites and ensuring accurate data exists in all tables.
- Correlating data from and to multiple systems.
- Liaising with internal departments, including Operations, IT, Sales, Customer Service and other departments to ensure issue resolution and proper maintenance of data.
- Managing vendor relations including working with system representatives on system issues and enhancements.
- Producing detailed analysis from operational systems including but not limited to reporting on space and asset related business items and presenting findings to company management.
- Maintain application support documentation, gather and document requirements and write user guides.
- Providing user training.
Why Digital RealtyGlobal impact & visibility
This role provides wide exposure in an area essential to our business operations. You’ll never be bored, because, while it is a tactical role, it’s also a strategic thinking role where your skill, experience and ability will directly impact results. You'll sit with the Operations team, giving you exposure to multiple facets of our business.
Autonomy, support & flexibility
You'll enjoy a good deal of autonomy in managing your responsibilities, but we also follow protocols and a strong teamwork model . . . in essence, you'll have support when you need it and "elbow room" when you don't. Once you're fully acclimated you could also have the opportunity to work from home on occasion.
Naturally, you'll come in with solid system admin experience and a track record of success with managing a variety of systems. We’ll help you learn areas where you might have gaps. We are committed to the professional growth and development of our team members.
Digital Realty is a rapidly growing and advancing organization, providing opportunities for our proven performers. You could advance in this role, or depending on your performance and ambition, you might leverage your success in this role to pursue other opportunities within the company. Some opportunities may require relocation.
We are a collaborative, people-focused group dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you will receive our commitment to your continued development and support. We strive to promote a friendly, fun and open work environment, and our dedication to this is reflected in the tenure of our employees.
The 'best of both worlds'
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Our uncommonly strong balance sheet, investment-grade debt ratings and the ability to borrow in multiple currencies provide a global footprint for our customers and risk-reducing diversification for us. That puts us in an excellent position to grow the company, provide financing options for our customers, and continually investing in our properties.
Green standard for sustainability
We are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices. Not only do we build to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements, but we also are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, including being a contributing member of The Green Grid.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match and much more.
Video: each data center campus is different, but this virtual tour of Digital Ashburn, in Virginia, will give you and idea of the various systems, services and amenities that make Digital Realty the data center provider of choice worldwide. Located just west of Washington DC, Digital Ashburn includes 2 million square feet of data center space. You'll be based in our Santa Clara campus, which offers 300,000 square feet of data center space.
Keys to SuccessIn addition to your technical skills and ability to to serve as our ServiceNow guru, in order to excel in this role you will be driven and eager to learn new technologies and skills. We’re looking for someone who is proactive and can work both independently and as part of a team. You will have the skills to check and document your own work, respond to issues, and ensure the applications are running smoothly.
You will have access to the latest software to support the company's internal and external operational business needs—continuous learning and skill development is a priority here. You’ll need to have a positive, fun-loving attitude and a strong work ethic in order to succeed in this dynamic role. We value work/life balance and strive to promote a collaborative and enjoyable work environment.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.