The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Senior Security Architect opportunity, you also should have:
- Experience performing security design/architecture reviews, code reviews, and penetration tests of large applications, systems and/or networks
- Knowledge of ubiquitous encryption technologies (PGP, SSH, SSL, etc.) and common protocols (RADIUS, LDAP, KERBEROS, SAML, etc.)
- Working familiarity at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell, etc.); you don't need to be a coder, but you should be able to understand and evaluate code
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- Experience overseeing remediation of vulnerabilities
- Experience defining security requirements
- A proven track record of working with infrastructure and development teams to build secure solutions
- Knowledge of Windows or UNIX internals, especially those relevant to authentication and access control and other facets of security
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and auditing C and/or C++
- Knowledge of common web application and mobile frameworks
- Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors
- Solid understanding of secure network design
- Experience leading audits (PCI, SOX, ISO, etc.)
- A demonstrated ability to learn things quickly and a desire to keep current with research in the industry
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to:
- Work well in a small team, collaborative environment
- Communicate complicated technical issues and the risks they pose to programmers, network engineers, system administrators and management
- Help programmers/administrators to develop fixes for issues discovered
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for enterprise security architecture across one or more of the following areas: service-oriented architecture (SOA), enterprise service bus (ESB), business process management, customer relationship management, and enterprise resource management
- 7+ years of experience in an information security and risk management role supporting security programs, security architecture, or software and system development projects in complex enterprise environments
- Experience as a consultant at a highly technical information security consultancy
- Experience working as a technical security architect or related security role in a company where there is a commitment to information security and technology; this can include, but is not limited to, financial services, hedge funds, or media & entertainment
- Experience evaluating SCADA systems
The RoleYou will join a small Information Security team; we also work with outsourced partners. As you might guess, on a team this size everyone handles a variety of tasks. For example, while you will consult with other architects regarding information security, you also will contribute to IR and forensic activities. You can expect to have multiple activities and projects on your plate at any given time. Our IS program continues to evolve, so there is plenty of interesting work.
You will establish yourself as an authoritative internal resource in application, network, and host security. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing security assessments of third party and internal applications and networks, defining security requirements, and evaluating processes, network designs and access controls. This role requires collaboration with developers, system/network administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure correct design, development, and implementation of applications and networks.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Video: Digital Realty's extensive ecosystem offers unparalleled choices in connectivity, especially with the addition of Telx. You will play a key role in ensuring that ecosystem is secure.
Why Digital RealtyRedefining best practices -- this is a big role on a small team, and you will help bring a fresh approach to information security strategy. We are open to your good ideas and nimble in structuring IS practices . . . and we have the resources of a leading global corporation to help bring those ideas to life.
Professional development -- you'll work with a variety of technologies, learning those you don't already know and deepening your knowledge of those you already have in your toolkit. For example, this role may provide your first exposure to SCADA. In addition, we are committed to being a high performing team, and we'll provide the resources and tools you need to take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
Strategic, creative focus -- everyone on the team rolls up their sleeves and pitches in where necessary, and the team probably will grow. However, our plan is to keep the internal team relatively small. We'll outsource a lot of the work, leaving the internal team free to take on the intriguing challenges and focus on delivering value to the business.
The “best of both worlds” -- you'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Unique culture -- we are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Strong foundation -- Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability -- we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
Picture: From Dublin (top) to Singapore (bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations. The challenge, from a security standpoint, is to ensure that our data centers are performance gear, not straitjackets, bringing greater productivity and agility while still safeguarding valuable data.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will have a knack for learning new technologies and processes quickly -- not only when you come on board, but also on an ongoing basis. You should be proactive about getting up to speed and then staying abreast of emerging IS technologies, threats and best practices. For example, we'll expect that you bring solid infrastructure background, but you also will need to become familiar with our applications so that you can identify potential threats.
We'll also look to you to promote information security as a value-add, helping others understand how security helps achieve business goals. This will require a combination of technical expertise and interpersonal skills to establish your credibility, develop relationships with key stakeholders, and influence and motivate others.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Security Architect, you will:
- Combine a strategic mindset with a hands-on, results oriented approach
- Demonstrate initiative, accountability, and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Adjust your communication style as necessary, such as translating highly technical information into intelligence that non-technical people can understand and use
- Pay close attention to details while also grasping the big picture and how the details fit into it
- Remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change in a fast-paced environment
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve efficiencies and processes
About Digital RealtyGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.