The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Manager, Reporting Operations opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics or similar field, or equivalent experience
- At least five years of experience in roles requiring you to combine different data (financial, operational, etc.) to identify why things work as they do, and to suggest responses
- Advanced skills in Excel (formulas, formatting, pivot tables, queries, lookups, etc.)
- Basic statistical knowledge, including correlation, standard deviation and data requirements to meet statistical relevance requirements
- The ability to present data in engaging, impactful formats beyond typical bar graphs or pie charts; experience with infographics is a plus
- Management experience, including the ability to build and develop teams, and to collaborate effectively with other functional areas in a matrix environment
- Experience in large, geographically dispersed enterprise environment; international experience is preferred
- Experience in publicly traded companies is preferred, ideally, REIT or technology/IT based firms
- Experience bridging operational and financial analysis
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting
- A forward-thinking approach and the ability to drive process improvements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong technical writing abilities
The RoleReporting to the Vice President, Portfolio Operations, you will provide supervision to two Data Analysts. You will drive the overall collection, analysis and management of financial and operational data to deliver performance reporting against defined performance benchmarks. You'll work directly with senior management to analyze performance data to drive business and operation strategies as well as identify trends to forecast projected financial and operational performance results.
You'll drive budget and forecast programs and processes within Operations and work across functions to lead improvements in systems and processes. You'll also drive ad hoc projects to collect, analysis and summarize financial and operational data to support business and operational strategies and planning.
The function has a well-established reporting component, and your mission will be to increase the interpretive component. This will include:
- Developing new processes and leveraging new systems and tools to identify and analyze trends
- Exploring new data sources and different variables
- Identifying potential new analyses and reports
- Implementing your own good ideas
- Helping your team develop the critical thinking skills to quickly assess when data "doesn't look right" and to explore the drivers behind the numbers.
You will be responsible for developing periodic performance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data in areas such as:
- Operating & maintenance costs
- Capital improvements
- Workload & headcount utilization
- Energy efficiency & usage
- System reliability & incidents
- Inventory management
- Vendor contracts
- Other metrics as required
- Develop financial and operational performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards summarizing performance vs. benchmarks.
- Provide periodic expense variance reports vs. budget and forecast projections and analyze expense data on a property comparative and per metric basis (such as square footage, power capacity or per employee).
- Develop standardized business reporting and budgeting processes in partnership with Operations, Accounting and Asset Management.
- Manage and analyze property performance audit scores and work across function to create performance benchmarks
- Partner with engineering personnel to summarize incident statistics, including incident frequencies, root cause and mean time between incidents/repairs.
- Collect and summarize customer service data, including requests type, response times and customer satisfaction
- Work with energy management personnel to report energy efficiency (PUE), energy spend and conservation savings, and capacity vs. consumption trends.
- Monitor, analyze and address potential operational and risk areas for the company based on data analysis.
- Leverage existing asset databases to analyze and produce inventory forecast requirements.
- Analyze and prepare vendor contract spend and savings achieved following portfolio bid programs.
- Partner with the Enterprise Technology Services team to develop, design and implement systems to support business reporting and statistics requirements.
- Be responsible for establishing partnerships and fostering productive working relationships with other business units in the organization to understand business needs, drivers and constraints.
- Effectively manage direct reports, stakeholders and external resources to execute deliverables accurately and on-time.
- Align team deliverables with management and business needs and proactively evaluate and execute analysis.
What's in It for YouHigh visibility and impact
You will take performance reporting to a new strategic level, and our senior executives will regularly see the new standard you deliver. We expect that you will be able to make a difference right off the bat and continue to move the needle over the long term.
More data, better data
We have grown significantly in recent years and the amount of data we collect more than ensures statistical relevance. In addition, we are proactive about ensuring the collection of high-quality data from a wide variety of sources. Few in our industry can approach the scale, diversity and quality of available data that Digital Realty has.
As Digital Realty continues to grow, the team and function could also grow. While it is impossible to predict the future (even for someone as adept at forecasting as you are), your role could evolve to be even more strategic, perhaps at the director level.
Strong strategic growth
We continue to grow both organically and through acquisition. In fact, Digital Realty has entered into a definitive agreement under which DuPont Fabros will merge with Digital Realty. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you'll interact with the technology only indirectly, you may have greater insight into it than many in our organization. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful in this role you will need to be a visionary thinker who can see the big picture while also having the skill and tenacity to lead your team as they dig into the details. The VP, Portfolio Operations, will provide direction, but you should enjoy taking that direction and running with it autonomously.
We've already shared that there is an incredible amount of data. The challenges you'll face will relate to the fact that the data is not as structured as it might be, and is spread across multiple systems. You'll need to provide the structure and develop cross-functional relationships with a variety of stakeholders in order to pull it all together. The Analysts are adept at tracking down the data.
Beyond the functional requirements, you'll also need some intangibles:
- A passion for digging deep in the data to understand interconnections and root causes
- Business savvy and the ability to understand what is and isn't important
- A critical approach that is as willing to debunk findings as it is to prove them
- The ability to combine creativity and analytical insight in presenting data
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.