The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Production Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 5+ years of solid experience in business environments, preferably in telecommunications, networking, Internet, data security, hosting, high tech facilities, or related fields.
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts, including fiber optic and WDM networks, BGP/SDN/NFV, switching, and routing concepts.
- Strong experience with hybrid-cloud architecture and multi-cloud IT environment.
- Customer-facing skills, preferably developed in sales roles, and a demonstrated ability to talk with big data / power users intelligently about technology, cloud, networking, data center or similar solutions.
- Technical savvy and an advanced understanding of IT infrastructure needs.
- A demonstrated ability to:
- Grasp the big picture and requirements that are often ambiguous, and then translate them into detailed specifications and action plans.
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents.
- Apply installation standards and project tracking / management documents.
- Expert MS Office productivity suite skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in an analytical field like engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to:
- Present technical information is ways that are easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Effectively respond, verbally or in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, or customer complaints.
- Make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- A strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service to clients and co-workers.
- The ability to:
- Learn and apply technical and business concepts quickly.
- Work well under pressure, with minimal supervision, and take a proactive approach to unusual events.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, make a difference, and bring an eager and excited approach to for new challenges.
- Attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures.
- Project management experience.
- Product development, engineering, or management experience in the IT infrastructure or telecommunications industry.
- Marketing experience in the areas of segmentation, business development, channel development and go to market strategies.
The RoleIf you are the person we're looking for, you know much of what this job entails. However, to be sure we're painting a clear picture, here are some details.
Reporting to the Director, Cloud & Network Architecture, you will help provide the leadership and vision on the next generation of technical network, cloud, and business strategies. You will concentrate on network planning and architecture, working with acquisition teams as they expand into new markets and add properties. The role has a strong strategic component, and you also will work closely with implementation teams.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring we are able to roll out network architecture that meets or exceeds specs.
- Develop network architecture, primarily on fiber optic and WDM, along with some switching and routing.
- Creating business plans to support your architecture recommendations.
- Using your technical and business writing skills to brief executives and support other groups such as marketing, sales, and product on your subject matter expertise.
- Interacting with customers to understand their objectives and challenges.
- Establishing and monitoring network performance metrics.
- Leveraging higher-level data to make strategic decisions.
- And more.
What's in It for YouStrategic and tactical impact
You will put your personal stamp by helping define networking best practices, particularly as we expand our capacity to support big cloud customers. You'll also keep your hands-on skills sharp as you design architecture and help implementation teams resolve challenges where the rubber meets the road.
Our success depends upon our staying on the leading edge of technology. Not only will you work with new and emerging technologies, but you also will assess and recommend new networking solutions.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
At Digital Realty you'll join a strong team made of diverse personalities in an easygoing but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration, and understand the value that each employee brings. In Ashburn, you will join a talented team with members who will help you learn, grow and evolve. We think you will enjoy coming to work each day.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability, and industry-leading innovation will give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: from Dublin (top) to Singapore (bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessWe recognize that there will be a learning curve as you get to know our processes and business model. At the same time, you should bring the technical chops to hit the ground running and start contributing in short order. You'll know you're hitting the mark if, within 6 to 12 months, you have developed a business plan for and implemented at least one new network.
The various groups within Digital Realty are all working toward shared goals, but each group has unique agendas and priorities. Your business plans will play an important role as you work to gain buy-in from different stakeholders, but you'll need a little more. To be effective, you'll need to develop relationships with key contacts in the groups, and in some cases you will need to leverage your influencing skills.
You should be proactive about establishing strong lines of communication between and among internal and external stakeholders. This will require patience and mindfulness, as well as a knack for "translating" business language for technical professionals, and technical language for business professionals. In addition, you'll need confidence and professional polish as you present to and interact with executives.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.