The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Business Operations Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in an analytical area such as Finance, Economics, MIS or similar
- 2-3 years of experience in the telecom, data center, or technology sectors or similar experiences in other industries
- 1-2 years of experience with CRM tools, ideally Salesforce, required. The ideal candidate will have 2-3+ years of experience with Salesforce
- SFDC certification preferred
- Experience in Semarchy or other Master Data Management tool
- Intermediate PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills (e.g. ability to perform VLOOKUP, complex and advanced formulas, pivot table/chart, conditional formatting, shortcuts, and others)
- Knowledge of Access, Power Pivot, and Tableau or similar BI tools
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to document requirements, generate reports, conduct analyses, and communicate technical information to the IT and other teams.
- Self-motivation, a proactive and flexible approach, and the ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines, as well as function as a strong team member.
- Strong attention to detail, solid organizational and time management skills, and the ability to multitask.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Senior Business Operations Manager, as Senior Business Operations Analyst, you will serve three key functions. You will be:
- The Salesforce business analyst and partner with IT on Salesforce.com enhancements and maintenance.
- The data steward of the customer master data and other attributes critical to customer and sales analytics.
- Responsible for reporting and analytics, both in recurring daily duties and for special projects.
You will join a Business Operations team of around 20, including 4 analysts doing similar work in differing areas. You will focus on Salesforce, working with all the business data in the CRM, not just sales data.
As Senior Business Operations Analyst, you will lead various cross-team projects to drive the improvement of Salesforce.com for the business and end users. Working in close collaboration with IT, Business Intelligence, Marketing Operations and sales enablement functions, you will gather business requirements, communicate with developers, test in Sandbox, and manage the roll-out to production. Naturally, you won't do the hands-on development work yourself, but you will view business requirements from an administrator's point-of-view to effectively draft and explain business requirements so that the developers can understand the need and develop the appropriate solution. You'll work with an IT team that is both offshore and U.S. based.
You can expect approximately a 50/50 split between recurring duties, such as standard reporting and PowerPoint creation, and special project work, such as looking at the field mapping between systems of a newly acquired company to link systems. You will also split your time between master data management and Salesforce. You will:
- Enforce Sales governance policies to ensure accounts/leads/opportunities are created, converted, assigned to the right sales segment based on defined rules
- Ensure data integrity in the SFDC CRM system and perform necessary cleanup such as new field definitions
- Improve user interface and data capture flow through workflow rules, validations, sharing settings, and triggers
- Evaluate new features from releases, identify system or process issues, and propose ideas to enhance the CRM system
Analytics and Reporting
- Create and maintain Salesforce.com (SFDC) and Birst BI reports and dashboards tailored to management needs
- Provide reporting for Quarterly Business Reviews and presentations to senior management
- Track and report on key sales metrics and evaluate sales performance measured against sales goals; distribute results to sales management in a timely manner
- Support senior management team with weekly sales forecast reporting and processes
- Improve data extraction business processes and develop reporting templates to be updated quickly
- Take responsibility for special ad-hoc reporting projects to draw insight on corporate objectives
- Merge customers, prospects, leads, and all other company data into golden customer and define parent-child relationships
- Enrich customer master data critical to account planning, sales planning and customer analysis
- Oversee the company data in Semarchy (Master Data Management), review data quality, and perform necessary action to ensure data integrity
- Ensure consistency in the adoption of data, records, content policies, standards, and processes
- Establish, document, maintain, communicate, and enforce an effective data governance issue and change control process for Semarchy
- Work with data owners to evaluate hierarchy and impact on reporting. Make merge recommendations where appropriate
- Work with data owners and appropriate parties to make sure that all data elements have accurate business definitions and required metadata is captured
- Serve as an advocate for clean Salesforce, Yardi, Apttus (Quote-to-Cash software), and third-party data. Suggest data governance process, solutions and procedures.
Video: while each Digital Realty Datacampus is unique, this tour of Digital Dallas gives you an idea of the premier facilities and services we provide. Located in the epicenter of North Dallas' high technology corridor, this datacampus features network connectivity via multiple fiber providers, a dedicated, privately owned electrical substation, and more.
What's in It for You?Strategic and tactical impact
Your analyses will inform decision making and improve day-to-day operations for the end users you'll support. You can enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact users and ultimately company growth and your professional career.
Professional & career development
Our success depends upon our staying on the leading edge of technology. Not only will you further enhance your skills in the technology and tools you come in with, you will add new technology to your skill set over time. Strong performance and enhanced skills can lead to additional opportunities with Digital Realty. We promote from within whenever possible. In fact, your supervisor promoted up from an analyst position!
Join the best
Digital Realty is committed to hiring A players, and you will work with and learn from experts in all aspects of the data center industry. That means, of course, that you will need to be an A player, and become our analytics subject matter expert.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
At Digital Realty you'll join a strong team made of diverse personalities in an easygoing but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration, and understand the value that each employee brings. In Ashburn, you will join a talented team with members who will help you learn, grow and evolve. We think you will enjoy coming to work each day.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability, and industry-leading innovation will give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: from Dublin (top) to Singapore (bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will possess a combination of sound analytical abilities and strong communication skills. This is a dynamic role involving collaboration with a variety of different departments, leaders and key contacts, so your ability to build professional relationships and rapport with many colleagues will be just as important as your technical skills.
Analysts who succeed at Digital Realty not only have a strong orientation to the numbers, but also have a clear grasp of how their analyses will be used and what insights will be most useful to decision makers. You should be driven to get your hands dirty, dig deeper, explore further and find all the variables that affect our business and sales processes. Actionable decisions should be able to be made based on your data.
Additionally, to be an outstanding Senior Business Operations Analyst, you will:
- Own your projects; seek help when needed but don't rely on excessive management
- Take charge and guide your projects and influence stakeholders
- Take a proactive approach and think/plan ahead
- Be as efficient and effective as possible
- Adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Demonstrate a drive to learn; adopt new skills and technologies to improve productivity and processes
- Be a self-starter, meticulous and detail oriented; get things done!
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.