The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Asset Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree; an MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of commercial asset experience, including investment analysis, lease negotiations and customer management, preferably in the data center industry.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office, including strong proficiency in Excel modeling.
- A strong understanding of and ability to create and analyze financial models, including DCF, NPV and IRR.
- Strong analytical skills, including:
- Comprehending, analyzing, and interpreting financial statements, budgets and financial forecast models, title and legal documentation conveying title, insurance certificates and riders, mortgage and portfolio debt instruments, construction specifications, plans and contracts.
- Analyzing the financial impact of capital allocation decisions, and thinking creatively in regard to maximizing returns.
- Summarizing property and financial performance through evaluation of various data sources, including operations and capital expenditures, financial forecasting, job cost accounting, project budgeting, variance analysis and expense reconciliations.
- Experience working through entitlement, development, master planning and construction oversight in an ownership / strategic capacity is a plus.
- Polished interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; the ability to effectively respond, verbally or in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; a sense of urgency and ability to turn in quality work according to deadlines.
- A professional and articulate presence; solid leadership and influencing skills.
- Solid and effective presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A high level of commitment to customer service for both co-workers and clients.
- A strong work ethic, goal orientation and a sense of ownership.
- A team player mentality, strong learning acumen and the ability to handle multiple objectives simultaneously.
Pictured: 260 E. El Segundo Boulevard, in the Los Angeles market, is home to disruptive startups, innovative content makers and global media companies. This facility offers the space, connectivity, and on-site services to help companies implement agile IT deployments within the Los Angeles metro area and around the world.
Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management, you will join a team that includes three other Asset Managers and three Analysts. You will support a portfolio of 10 to 12 data centers on the West Coast, including Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
You'll leverage your background in commercial real estate asset management and development to oversee the financial performance of assigned assets. You will be responsible for understanding the market and competitive landscape for your assigned portfolio and maximizing asset performance. Much of your time will go to coordinating team efforts in leasing and operating the properties, performing financial analyses, overseeing development projects and negotiating leases,. In many ways, you will act as a quarterback, coordinating among a number of stakeholders, including clients, Property Operations, Sales, Leasing Administration, our corporate Finance team, Design & Construction, and others.
Diverse, proactive role
You'll have broad responsibilities, gaining exposure to renewals, expanding business, negotiating new leases and proposals, contributing to the master planning process and more. You'll approve invoices, vendor contracts and requests for service proposals, as well as provide guidance on monthly reporting and corrective measures needed to ensure optimum property performance. Typically, you can expect a mix of short-term and long-term leases in the portfolio, and within our growing organization, there is always plenty of leasing work to be done.
Just as important will be the analytical expertise and decision-making support you'll provide for the Asset Management and Property Management teams regarding leasing, re-development, capital improvements, and property and technical operations expenditures. You will provide accurate financial reporting and forecasting for your assigned properties and assist with various special projects and complex analyses.
Specific activities will include:
- Working with internal sales team and third party leasing agents, establishing leasing goals and targets at each property within the region.
- Coordinating managers within operations, sales and design and construction areas, creating re-development and repositioning plans for maximizing income production and return.
- Reviewing and approving property-level accruals and postings, accounting practices and accounts payable and receivable practices.
- Generating annual business plan in conjunction with the operating and capital budgeting.
- Reviewing and providing guidance on property and company level financial forecasting.
- Reviewing and providing guidance and input on taxation issues for personal property and income qualification, public filings, disclosure and reporting requirements.
- Reviewing operations plans and portfolio-wide reporting of operational issues, assignments and project updates with input from property management, chief engineers and data center engineers.
- Supervising property managers, asset management associates and retail collocation manager.
- Providing dotted-line oversight for operations, design and construction and data center engineers.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
You'll oversee all aspects of your properties' operations, which means you'll gain broad and deep exposure to almost all facets of our business, from leasing to investments to design/construction to marketing and more. Many of the reports you help create will be seen by corporate executives. In addition, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally, including providing training opportunities.
While you could be challenged in this role for years to come, once you have mastered and proven yourself in this role you might set your sights on a number of career paths within Digital Realty. You can advance on the Asset Management path or pursue other opportunities within our company.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
We are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won't get hands on with the technical assets, you will learn about data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be flexible and adaptable -- there will be a lot going on and priorities and deadlines will change frequently. Most of your activities will involve coordinating among multiple internal and external stakeholders, and you'll need to be more than just a hub. You should bring a strong sense of ownership and a proactive approach to moving projects and activities forward. Success will require that you take ownership of your work, maintain a sense of urgency, and effectively manage your time and competing priorities. As you become acclimated to the role, you'll also be willing to take on greater responsibilities.
At Digital Realty, we take pride in our collaborative, solutions-oriented environment. To fit in well with the Asset Management team, you will be a creative problem solver with exceptional analytical skills. Just as important, you also will need to be able to build strong relationships. This is a unique "hybrid" role and you will heavily rely on your interpersonal skills as well as on your commercial real estate investment and business knowledge.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠ .
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.