The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this role will be a motivated and enthusiastic professional, newer in their career but with some related experience. S/he will be passionate about learning and driven to build an outstanding skill set. Additionally, to be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Real Estate or a similar field.
- Up to 2 years of experience in a financial analyst role or similar professional experience. If you're a new graduate, we'll consider a solid internship or similar in lieu of professional experience.
- A strong understanding of and ability to create financial reports and analysis.
- Working knowledge/strength in Argus, Yardi (preferred) and Excel modeling.
- A team player mentality and strong learning acumen.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and great presentation abilities.
- The ability to think strategically, to work with data and numbers, to ask questions, and to provide thoughtful, detailed analysis.
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to multitask and manage projects to keep teams on track with deliverables in a high-pressure setting.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency, and to turn in quality work quickly, under strict time constraints.
- Flexibility and the desire to go above and beyond what is required of you.
- The ability to learn and understand software quickly.
- Experience in the real estate, property management or related industry will also be an advantage.
- Although we do not anticipate much travel initially, you should be willing and able to travel periodically for training and to visit other site locations as needed.
The RoleAs a Portfolio Analyst, you will be responsible for the preparation and validation of the monthly financial reports, annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and cash flow modeling of this regions' assets. You will be charged with consolidating information and relaying it back to the asset management team and property managers who oversee multiple properties within the region. Between quarters, you'll spend the majority of your time working with asset managers on lease analysis, developing cash flows, tracking construction and development projects and maintaining inventory. At the end of the quarter you will assist with forecasting, budgeting, and reporting; which will include occupancy and variance analysis, capital planning and redevelopment reports. More specifically, you will:
- Prepare investment analyses for asset management team on respective properties.
- Track available supply, demand and competitors in various existing and targeted markets.
- Research and compile market trends, activity and competitor analysis data as needed.
- Assist to coordinate the preparation and consolidation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Generate and review monthly and quarterly reporting packages consisting of financial statements and ad hoc schedules for the region.
- Create and update financial reports and analysis of corporate assets.
- Review and update leasing statistics.
- Maintain and review corporate assets inventory databases within the region.
Video: Take a tour of Digital Ashburn. Strategically located on a 98 acres site in the Dulles technology corridor of Northern Virginia, this property is the latest data center on the Digital Ashburn Campus supporting both Turn-key FlexTM and custom Powered Base Building configurations. The campus is located 10 minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport and adjacent to the future Metro rail station.
What's in It for You?Strategic and tactical impact
Your analyses will inform decision making and improve day-to-day operations. You can enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact users and ultimately company growth and your professional career.
Professional & career development
Our success depends upon our staying on the leading edge of technology. Not only will you further enhance your skills in the technology and tools you come in with, you will add new technology to your skill set over time. Strong performance and enhanced skills can lead to additional opportunities with Digital Realty. We promote from within whenever possible. In fact, your supervisor promoted up from an analyst position!
Join the best
Digital Realty is committed to hiring A players, and you will work with and learn from experts in all aspects of the data center industry. That means, of course, that you will need to be an A player, and become our analytics subject matter expert.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
At Digital Realty you'll join a strong team made of diverse personalities in an easygoing but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration, and understand the value that each employee brings. In Ashburn, you will join a talented team with members who will help you learn, grow and evolve. We think you will enjoy coming to work each day.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability, and industry-leading innovation will give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
In addition to a competitive salary and overtime eligibility, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: from Dublin (top) to Singapore (bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you will need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels across the organization and at different locations. Collaboration is key here, and you'll call on your organizational agility to successfully coordinate with different stakeholders and departments across multiple time zones. You'll need to be able to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities and exercise good judgment. We're looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual who can research, compile, analyze, report and present findings in a clear and concise way. To fit in well with the team, you should be able to thrive in a fast-moving, often stressful environment and maintain an easy-going manner and sense of humor, even as you undertake your responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.