The RequirementsThe ideal candidate for the Senior Security & Compliance Manager opportunity will be passionate about Compliance and have strong working knowledge of industry best practice frameworks, such as ISO, NIST and CoBIT. S/he will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively cross-functionally, serving as a knowledgeable consultant for business and operational teams across Digital Realty.
To be a strong fit for the role, you will also have:
- 3-5+ years of Operational and IT Audit, Internal Audit, and/or risk assessment experience. A mix of Operational and IT Audit experience is critical.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Information Management, Information Security, Computer Science or similar.
- Knowledge of information security principles, frameworks, and best practices (e.g., PCI, DSS, COBIT, NIST and ISO 27000).
- Proven collaboration skills. You must be eager to collaborate and adept at being an important part of a cohesive team committed to effectively partnering with others within Digital Realty, Inc. both at World Headquarters in the U.S. and globally.
- The drive to remain current on information security technologies, trends, standards, and best practices.
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP, or CISM certifications are beneficial.
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and an understanding of the value of PCI, NIST, SOC and ISO to the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire and ability to work effectively with teams, do site walk-throughs, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success identifying solutions for complex problems in enterprise environments.
- Outstanding organization skills combined with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Confidence and the desire to continue to learn and advance your skills.
- ISA (Internal Security Assessor) certification is highly preferred.
- Data Center experience.
- 803 Federal experience is a plus.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Director, Compliance & Quality Control, as Senior Security and Compliance Manager, you will join a dispersed team including members at locations overseas and in the U.S. and serve as the right hand to the director and a key member of the domestic team. Daily, you will leverage your knowledge of industry best practices in conjunction with your interpersonal and problem-solving skills to ensure regulatory (e.g., PCI, Payment Card Industry, ISO 27001, ISO14001, ISO9001 & SOC requirements) and non-regulatory (e.g., IT General Controls) compliance functions are properly executed.
Daily, you will prioritize and manage varied responsibilities, such as executing on the current audit schedule, doing site visits, documenting and reporting control status, following-up on non-compliance with the site teams, and more. You'll also spend a good deal of time doing customer required questionnaires, pacing your day with active and passive communications.
Specifically, you will:
- Consult on control design and control operations related in support of compliance requirements.
- Drive U.S. annual ISO internal audits, site risk assessments and PCI internal validation process (Self- Assessment, Report of Compliance).
- Understand the relationship between information security policies, standards, procedures, and controls as they pertain to the delivery and maintenance of quality systems so that you can effectively advocate information security rationale to business stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Data Center Manager in the engagement and planning of customer on site assessments and timely completion of security questionnaires.
- Support the quality improvement process and produce quarterly metric reporting in order to drive risk to acceptable levels.
- Utilize your skills and thorough understanding of GCC to consult with Technology and Operations for PCI, ISO and SOC compliance.
Video: while each Digital Realty Datacampus is unique, this tour of Digital Dallas gives you an idea of the premier facilities and services we provide. Located in the epicenter of North Dallas' high technology corridor, this datacampus features network connectivity via multiple fiber providers, a dedicated, privately owned electrical substation, and more.
More Great ReasonsProfessional development
Our success depends upon our staying on the leading edge of technology while remaining compliant. This role is unique in that you can enhance your auditing and risk assessment skills, filling any gaps you may have, in operational, IT and security auditing. You'll find there is always plenty to learn.
Join the best
Digital Realty is committed to hiring A players, and you will work with and learn from experts in all aspects of the data center industry. That means, of course, that you will need to be an A player, and become our compliance subject matter expert for our site teams.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
At Digital Realty, you'll join a strong group made up of diverse personalities in an easygoing but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration and understand the value that each employee brings. In Ashburn, you will join a talented team with members who will help you learn, grow and evolve. We think you will enjoy coming to work each day.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: from Dublin (top) to Singapore (bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful in this role, you be a strong problem-solver and effective collaborator. You won't have direct management authority, so you will gain influence through relationship building and earned credibility. Your ability to work effectively cross-functionally, serving as a compliance SME for business and operational teams will be paramount. You should be seen as a partner who can help with internal assessments of environmental and operational practices, to achieve the required outcomes.
Additionally, to be an outstanding Senior Security and Compliance Manager, you will:
- Complete work according to schedules and maintain a strong deadline orientation.
- Own your work; seek help when needed but don't rely on excessive management.
- Take charge and influence stakeholders but also serve as a guide and collaborator.
- Take a proactive approach and think/plan ahead.
- Be as efficient and effective as possible,
- Adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Demonstrate a drive to learn.
- Be a self-starter who meticulous and detail oriented but can also get things done.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.