The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
Additionally, to be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of relevant experience in customer facing roles involving technical issue resolution (NOC, SaaS, data centers or related field) and/or contact center management (e.g. Customer Service or account management)
- Proven exceptional customer relationship skills and demonstrated high level of commitment to excellent customer experiences and relationships.
- Experience managing a technical team.
- Experience with ServiceNow and Salesforce CRM products a plus.
- Proven exceptional coaching and training skills and demonstrated success in team building efforts.
- The motivation to work at a company that focuses on customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; systematic thinker.
- An understanding of offshore outsourced service solutions, SLAs, KPIs and reporting would be an advantage.
- Experience in data center, telecom or network operations is a strong plus.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- The ability to thrive under tight deadlines, fast moving projects and customers who demand the best.
- Technical savvy and the ability to quickly assimilate technical data, methods and procedures.
- A track record of success in working across internal functional lines to ensure strong customer satisfaction.
- Computer skills and familiarity with issue resolution tracking programs and MS Office.
- High energy and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to handle daily issues that arise while also driving process improvements.
- Flexibility and adaptability as no two days will be the same, except for the fact that there always will be plenty to do.
- Adeptness at managing multiple activities and competing priorities.
- The ability to think clearly and make decisions on the fly, keeping one eye on the big picture and the other eye on the details.
- Critical Awareness (On It, Own It, Responsive, Sense of Urgency, Follows-through)
- Corporate Acumen (Executive savvy, business acumen)
- Communications (Proactively over-communicate by setting proper expectations early and often, solid written and verbal communications)
- Conflict Resolution (Deals well with conflict, Damage Control)
- Collaborative (Aligned, Trustworthy)
The RoleReporting to the Director, Command Center Operations, as Manager, Global Customer Care, your mission will be to lead our Global Operations Command Center to the Insanely Great Customer Experience (#igce) standards that we have put in place. Working in partnership with another Manager, you will lead a team of 20 Command Center Analysts who manage a variety of tickets and inquiries from our broad customer base--including internal and external customers. You will take a high-level approach to customer success while also overseeing day-to-day issues and activities within the team. You're sure to acquire new knowledge and skills; we are essentially a hybrid between a real estate and a technology company, and you'll learn about both sides. In addition, you'll work with Fortune 500 clients in multiple industries, communicating with them daily. You'll touch just about all areas of Digital Realty in this role, setting you up to pursue multiple career paths in our organization.
You will be…
- An ambassador – You will be an advocate for our customers. You will collaborate and align across global functions with complete transparency.
- A catalyst – You will spark initiatives of change, success and consistency.
- A driver – You will be a reliable driver. We are on it and we own it with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible – You will proactively communicate well and follow-through until we close the loop. You will exemplify trustworthiness and accountability and serve as difference maker to our Customers, our Stakeholders and your GCC Team Members.
- Adhere to, design and implement best practices.
- Oversee all Command Center operations, including: Event communication (Internal & External), network monitoring and troubleshooting, customer portal issue resolution, customer escalation problem solving, customer contact data maintenance, familiarization of site operations and procedures, and escalations as required.
- Ensure a high level of proficiency within the GCC team with regular training, feedback and constructive coaching on all aspects of the operation.
- Serve as liaison for key interactions relative to solving critical internal and external customer issues.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to customer inquiries, issues and complaints, working in coordination with the appropriate parties at Digital Realty.
- Work with internal and external customers to facilitate event communications, process adherence, and escalation where required.
- Manage immediate and professional responsiveness from the GCC staff for all internal and external contact, whether via phone, email, portal tickets or in person.
- Train, coach and design/implement processes that improve the quality of the work performed by the GCC team ongoing.
- Reach out to internal customers on a regular basis to facilitate strong working relationships and ensure feedback driving improvement.
- Review and establish SME abilities coordinating data center operating policies, best practices and standards.
Why Digital RealtyYour personal stamp
This is your chance to "put your signature" on driving an Insanely Great Customer Experience (#igce) with best-in-class Customer Operations Management.
Our senior leaders recognize the strategic importance of our customer success organization and they are investing in people and processes to ensure we deliver -- your successes in this area will be noticed.
You know as well as anyone that issues come up. At the same time, your efforts will be backed by an operations organization that takes pride in performing at a high level. Across a number of industry standard metrics, we consistently deliver at a very high level. You'll find a commitment to customer service and satisfaction, driven by a culture that views every customer as a long-term partner.
Professional development - We know you'll bring subject matter expertise in customer success as well as a strong technology background, but our business model is unique and you will have plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge. Success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our expanding organization.
Join the best
Digital Realty is committed to hiring A players, and you will work with and learn from experts in all aspects of the data center industry. That means, of course, that you will need to be an A player, and become our customer care subject matter expert for our site teams.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
At Digital Realty, you'll join a strong group made up of diverse personalities in an easygoing but results-oriented atmosphere. We value transparency and collaboration and understand the value that each employee brings. In Ashburn, you will join a talented team with members who will help you learn, grow and evolve. We think you will enjoy coming to work each day.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: from Dublin (top) to Singapore (bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessDigital Realty operates within a market place that is increasingly competitive. Customers can choose between a significant number of competitors delivering high quality, cost efficient alternatives. As one of a handful of global providers, Digital Realty has considerable assets and capabilities, along with a significant installed customer base. Driving a ‘customer first’ mind-set is crucial to our continued success. Customer Operations fuses together the elements of our operations focused on our customers, in order for us to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace. Delivering excellent service to customers is at the heart of our competitive advantage and as a member of the Customer Operations team, the focus is to develop and deliver consistent and exceptional customer service for our customers.
Additionally, to excel in this role you will bring the right mix of technical knowledge combined with stellar interpersonal skills. We've got a strong foundation of technical expertise in place, and we're looking for a leader who can bring some softer skills to the table--such as excellence in communication, employee development, team building and continuous improvement. We're looking to elevate this function to a larger contact center operation with more engagement with inbound phone calls, and you will be a key driver in this initiative. We've grown exponentially in a very short period of time and we're running multiple applications and tools simultaneously. We will look to you to help drive synergy throughout the department and bring the skills that will help us to drive standardization across our processes.
If you truly enjoy taking on a wide variety of issues -- essentially drinking from a fire hose -- and mastering each and every one, this position offers you the opportunity to make a global impact.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.