The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a motivated and enthusiastic professional with some related experience. Additionally, to be a good fit for the Business Finance Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Real Estate or a similar field.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a financial analyst role or similar professional experience.
- A strong understanding of and ability to create financial reports and analysis.
- The ability to think strategically, to work with data and numbers, and to provide thoughtful, detailed analysis.
- A high degree of comfort with technology, including the ability to learn new software and systems quickly and to work through technical issues.
- Very strong skills in MS Excel (formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Some exposure to databases and an understanding of how they work; experience with SQL or VB is strongly preferred.
- Experience with real estate industry software (Yardi, Argus, MRI, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in the real estate, property management or related industry will also be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation abilities.
- A team player mentality and strong learning acumen.
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to multitask and manage projects to keep teams on track with deliverables in a high-pressure setting.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a strong sense of urgency and turning in quality work under strict time constraints.
- Flexibility and the desire to go above and beyond what is required.
The RoleReporting to the Director, Corporate Finance you will be responsible for the preparation and execution of the annual budgets and quarterly reforecasting processes. You will be charged with consolidating information and relaying it back to the Business Finance Group.
You'll be seated in our premier offices within this high-value group and serve as quarterback -- coordinating between our regions and the corporate office in San Francisco. Between quarters, you'll spend the majority of your time working with asset managers/property management on evaluating performance against projections via variance analysis and continuous process improvements to our budgeting/forecasting.
More specifically, you will:
- Update and interpret various portfolio metrics on a quarterly basis; define business rules and build out associated trends and analysis.
- Liaise with different departments (accounting, Asset Mgmt, operations, Finance) as required to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Track same-store performance and identify areas where same-store performance can be improved.
- Nurture a deep understanding of our systems and how they work/interrelate
- Develop models and analytical tools, processes and systems to meet evolving business needs.
- Prepare presentations combining qualitative and quantitative data; present findings and recommendations to senior audiences effectively.
Video: While each of our data centers is unique, this virtual tour of 105 Cabot Street in Boston gives you a sampling of the services and amenities that make us the data center provider of choice around the world.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
This role is a great résumé-builder, and you can learn a lot in a very short time. You'll gain knowledge of both the real estate and data center industries, and get a broad understanding of our company as you interact with contacts in multiple functional areas. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Make an impact
You will provide analytical insights that support decision-making at various levels. You'll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact company growth and your professional career.
You will enjoy a large company impact with a small company feeling. The Boston office is fast-moving while also being laid back. People enjoy coming to work, making it a very pleasant atmosphere. You'll work with a mix of talent and level in a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement.
Location, location, location
If you're familiar with Boston, you may know Post Office Square downtown. It boasts a range of restaurants and shopping and is both train and bus friendly.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
Pictured: each of our data campuses offers state-of-the-art power, cooling, connectivity, and security systems. And each is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be a sponge for knowledge, open and willing to learn. You also will understand the importance of grasping the background and context around what you learn. On the one hand, you will take the initiative to learn what you can on your own -- particularly in working through technology challenges to master systems and get what you need. At the same time, there is no "playbook," so you also should be willing to ask for help.
Lots of job postings talk about "good communication skills," but in this role, they are truly essential. You'll need to be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and at different locations. Collaboration is key here, so you'll call on your organizational agility to successfully coordinate with different stakeholders and departments across multiple time zones.
Additionally, you'll need to be able to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities and exercise good judgment. We're looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual who can research, compile, analyze, report and present findings in a clear and concise way. To fit in well with the team, you should be able to thrive in a fast-moving, often stressful environment and maintain an easy-going manner and sense of humor, even as you undertake your responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.