The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
The ideal candidate for this role will either have extensive experience as a property manager or some experience in property management combined with data center experience. In addition, to be a good fit for the Real Estate Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Real Estate or Finance, or comparable experience
- Four to seven years of related experience in commercial real estate / property management
- A strong understanding of financial terms and principles (i.e.cash vs. accruals process) and the ability to analyze and conduct complex financial and business decisions
- Basic knowledge and understanding of common terms and components related to HVAC and electrical infrastructure (including primary and back-up systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience with property management software, preferably Yardi
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great customer service ability, with a service-driven mindset and excellent skill with tenant relations, with the ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints from customers, employees, or management
- A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks for both tenants and internal departments
- Some basic knowledge of technical operations of a commercial or technical facility on both the mechanical and electrical side
- Strong teamwork skills, and a pleasant, collegial demeanor
- Problem-solving skills, a resourceful nature, and the willingness to seek solutions and information
- Experience with acquisitions and implementing/creating new systems and procedures would be a strong plus; tenant improvement and construction experience is also preferred
- All candidates chosen for consideration must submit to and pass DLR’s background check
Pictured: 21625 Gresham Drive boasts 446,000 gross square feet, making it one of North America’s largest multi-tenant data centers. Critical power capacity totals 41.6 megawatts, while the design achieves an industry-leading power usage effectiveness (PUE) of 1.15 at full capacity. Clients include some of the most innovative and trusted companies in the world.
The RoleReporting to the Regional Director of Property Management, you'll be responsible for all financial aspects and the overall management and maintenance of building(s) on our Ashburn campus. You’ll manage accruals, oversee budgets, and put together report packages as you also review and approve purchase / work orders to ensure compliance with budget.
In addition to the financial piece, you’ll also assist with the overall management and maintenance of the buildings, including a robust mechanical and electrical infrastructure that was built specifically for our customers. This will include working closely with a full complement of Engineering, Janitorial and Security staff who will help with the technical aspects of the facility.
More specifically, you will:
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, quarterly reports, and variance reports.
- Supervise the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, tune-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Oversee the compliance of all customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being met.
- Respond to customer requests and needs and coordinate with the Property Management and Technical Operation Teams to solve the issues.
- Maintain a strong relationship with customers.
- Oversee the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements; monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met; supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain/enhance the asset.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations Team for the portfolios to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Supervise and manage your team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved.
- Set and attain performance goals.
- Hold the responsibility for the development, coaching, and counseling of the team members.
Video: While each data center campus is unique, this virtual tour of Digital Ashburn gives you an idea of the amenities that make Digital Realty the data center solution provider of choice around the world.
What's in it for YouOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in managing the operational and financial aspects of our property, giving you great exposure and visibility. You will work with and learn from talented managers and join a team that works well together.
Training and growth
You’ll learn a great deal on the job, but we also offer online classes that will provide you with more formal training. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and grow your potential.
We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow, and are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to pursue a variety of career paths within our organization.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion.
The hyperscale deployments offered by the data centers you’ll support are necessary for cloud and big data applications as well as large, distributed websites maintained by some of the biggest names on the Internet
We are a collaborative, people-focused group dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you join us, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support. We strive to promote a friendly, fun and open work environment, and our dedication to this is reflected in the tenure of our employees. People like it here and tend to stay.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won’t get hands on with the technical assets, you will have a big hand in the data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world’s telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel here you will be a motivated go-getter with a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly. Ours is a fast-paced environment and we’re looking for a professional who takes pride in their ability to handle pressure, multi-task and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. The role requires a strong detail orientation, and the dynamic environment requires the ability to grasp the big picture and how the details fit into it.
To fit in well with the team in Ashburn, you will bring a collegial attitude paired with a high level of professionalism and an upbeat personality. You should be resourceful and able to accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification. The team dynamic is important as well, and you should be proactive about establishing a reputation for reliability, attitude and quality work.
You’ll communicate with a variety of people internally and externally, so you’ll need the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships, and the ability to provide great customer service. You’ll also need a knack for interacting effectively with people in different functional areas, who may have different priorities; in some cases, you may need to manage expectations.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty’s clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers’ needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.