The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Property Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in property management either in a Data Center (highly preferred) or commercial/industrial properties
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Strong computer skills, with experience using property management software (preferably Yardi)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great customer service ability, with a service-driven mindset and excellent skill with tenant relations
- A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks for both tenants and internal departments
- Some basic knowledge of technical operations of a commercial or technical facility on both the mechanical and electrical side
- Strong teamwork skills, and a pleasant, collegial demeanor
- Problem-solving skills, a resourceful nature, and the willingness to seek solutions and information
- All candidates chosen for consideration must submit to and pass DLR’s background check
Pictured: 21625 Gresham Drive boasts 446,000 gross square feet, making it one of North America’s largest multi-tenant data centers. Critical power capacity totals 41.6 megawatts, while the design achieves an industry-leading power usage effectiveness (PUE) of 1.15 at full capacity. Clients include some of the most innovative and trusted companies in the world.
The RoleReporting to the Regional Director of Property Management, you will join an Electrical Manager and a Mechanical Manager to ensure successful operation of two facilities, one single tenant and one multi-tenant, on our Ashburn campus.
You’ll be in charge of any activities that don’t fall under electrical or mechanical, including financials and budgeting, client relationship management, lease administration, etc. You’ll have three direct reports -- an Assistant Property Manager and two Facility Assistants -- and one Client Coordinator who will have a dotted line to you.
You’ll have a number of specific tasks in each of your areas of responsibility, some of which are listed here.
With regard to financials and budgeting, you will:
- Assist in budget materials compilation for both operating expenses and capital budgets for each data center
- Complete data entry for all expense line items
- Review draft budgets (income and expense), and update current year reforecast budgets quarterly
- Present to RDPM: final budget, monthly tracked variances, etc.
- Provide list of monthly accruals to Property Accounting group
- Final invoice review and approval, and follow-up with vendors on any issues
- Follow up with site managers or vendors regarding invoice discrepancies
- Complete final review of POs and ensure Financial Authority Policy (FAP) is followed
- Request proposals and bids for services
- Ensure completion and documentation of Professional Services Agreement (PSA) and Amendment(s) for assigned sites
- Review vendor contract summary sheet monthly
- Complete any needed lease administration tasks such as reviewing lease abstracts, updating files, etc.
- Work directly with clients on any tenant service concerns, deployment strategies, security matters, and building operations procedures
- Ensure that clients have constant, transparent communications on the status of the building and its operational systems
- Provide audit support or tours of the facility as requested by the clients
- Complete periodic meetings with clients to review daily operations, status of service requests, site-specific activities, etc.
- Documenting, tracking, and following up on vendor and tenant COIs
- Ensuring appropriate NDAs are in place, and following up on any issues
- Tracking service notices (to alert the clients of building activities) and service requests (that come from the clients)
- Coordinating all vendors and issues that do not fall into Critical or Essential Managers Circle (e.g. roof leaks, window leaks, insulation issues, cleaning, landscaping, etc.)
Video: While each data center campus is unique, this virtual tour of Digital Ashburn gives you an idea of the amenities that make Digital Realty the data center solution provider of choice around the world.
What's in it for YouOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in managing the operational and financial aspects of multiple properties, giving you great exposure and visibility. You will work with and learn from talented managers and join a team that works well together.
Training and growth
You’ll learn a great deal on the job, but we also offer online classes that will provide you with more formal training. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and grow your potential.
We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow, and are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to pursue a variety of career paths within our organization.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion.
The hyperscale deployments offered by the data centers you’ll support are necessary for cloud and big data applications as well as large, distributed websites maintained by some of the biggest names on the Internet
We are a collaborative, people-focused group dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you join us, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support. We strive to promote a friendly, fun and open work environment, and our dedication to this is reflected in the tenure of our employees. People like it here and tend to stay.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won’t get hands on with the technical assets, you will have a big hand in the data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world’s telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel here you will be a motivated go-getter with a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly. Ours is a fast-paced environment and we’re looking for a professional who takes pride in their ability to handle pressure, multi-task and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. The role requires a strong detail orientation, and the dynamic environment requires the ability to grasp the big picture and how the details fit into it.
To fit in well with the team in Ashburn, you will bring a collegial attitude paired with a high level of professionalism and an upbeat personality. You should be resourceful and able to accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification. The team dynamic is important as well, and you should be proactive about establishing a reputation for reliability, attitude and quality work.
You’ll communicate with a variety of people internally and externally, so you’ll need the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships, and the ability to provide great customer service. You’ll also need a knack for interacting effectively with people in different functional areas, who may have different priorities; in some cases, you may need to manage expectations.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty’s clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers’ needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.