The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for the role of Business Finance Analyst, you must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a strong fit for the role, you should also have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Real Estate or a similar field
- 2 years of experience in a financial analyst or similar role
- A strong understanding of and ability to create financial reports and provide analysis
- The ability to think strategically and work with data and numbers to provide thoughtful, detailed analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, particularly Excel (e.g. formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and understand software quickly; familiarity with Argus and/or Yardi or similar (e.g. JD Edwards, MRI) is a plus
- Experience in the real estate, property management or a related industry is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- A team player approach and strong learning acumen
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to multitask and manage projects to keep teams on track with deliverables in a high-pressure setting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a strong sense of urgency and turning in quality work under strict time constraints
- Flexibility and the desire to go above and beyond what is required
- Experience in the real estate, property management or related industry is an advantage, but not required
- Experience in IT, software analysis, and/or working with databases would be helpful
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Director of Business Finance, as Business Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for the preparation and validation of the quarterly supplemental. You will be charged with consolidating information and relaying it back to the Business Finance Group. While you will be part of the larger Business Finance Group, you will work closely with your supervisor and focus the majority of your efforts on the niche areas of occupancy, lease stats, market analysis and renewal. At the same time, you will enjoy exposure and collaborate with other groups too.
You'll be seated in our premier Boston offices within the high-value Business Finance Group and serve as quarterback, coordinating between our regions, the corporate office in San Francisco and operations in London and Asia. You will act as the main point of contact for our quarter-end processes. Between quarters, you'll spend the majority of your time working with asset managers/regional analysts on lease analysis, rollover analysis, financial analysis, and maintaining inventory. At the end of each quarter, you will focus your efforts on forecasting, budgeting, and reporting, which will include occupancy and variance analysis. More specifically, you will:
- Update and interpret various portfolio metrics on a quarterly basis; define business rules and build out associated trends and analysis.
- Liaise with different departments (Accounting, Asset Management, Operations and Finance) as required to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Track same store performance and identify areas where same store performance can be improved.
- Develop models and analytical tools, processes and systems to meet evolving business needs.
- Prepare presentations combining qualitative and quantitative data; present findings and recommendations to senior audiences effectively.
- Maintain and review corporate assets inventory databases within the region.
- Present reports and other information to a variety of stakeholders including the CFO and Board.
Why Digital RealtyMake an Impact
You’ll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact company growth and your professional career.
You will enjoy a large company impact with a small company feeling. The Boston office is fast-moving while also being laid back. People enjoy coming to work, making it a very pleasant atmosphere.
You will work with a mix of talent and level in a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Location, location, location!
If you're familiar with Boston, you may know Post Office Square downtown. It boasts a range of restaurants and shopping and is both train and bus friendly.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Strong strategic growth
We continue to grow both organically and through acquisition. In fact, Digital Realty has entered into a definitive agreement under which DuPont Fabros will merge with Digital Realty. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
Pictured: each of our data campuses offers state-of-the-art power, cooling, connectivity, and security systems. And each is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you will need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and at different locations. Collaboration is key here, so you'll call on your organizational agility to successfully coordinate with different stakeholders and departments across multiple time zones.
Additionally, you'll need to be able to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities and exercise good judgment. We're looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual who can research, compile, analyze, report and present findings in a clear and concise way. To fit in well with the team, you should be able to thrive in a fast-moving, often stressful environment and maintain an easy going manner and sense of humor, even as you undertake your responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
We understand that there is a good deal to learn, especially if you have no industry background. We expect that you'll have questions and make a mistake here and there as you learn. You'll know you are hitting the mark when you're absorbing the answers and adding the information to your knowledgebase. You should be continually expanding your skills and experience so you can continue to grow in the role and in your career.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.