The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Assistant Real Estate Manager opportunity, you also should have:
- A two-year degree or certificate in Accounting / Finance or Property Management. A bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, or Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is preferred but not required.
- 2 to 3 years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting; solid accounting skills and experience are a strong plus.
- A strong understanding of financial terms and principles, experience with financial reporting, accruals, and budgeting, and the ability to analyze financial statements.
- Experience with variance analysis and budget preparation.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office and strong Excel skills.
- Experience with property management software, ideally Yardi.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Strong property / construction accounting experience is preferred.
- A CA real estate license is preferred.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, including the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and an adaptable approach.
Pictured: The entrance to 2805 Lafayette, where you will work. One of Silicon Valley's premier mission-critical data centers, this property offers customers up to nine megawatts of power, state-of-the-art cooling, redundancy across all systems, 24x7 security, two conference rooms and more.
The RoleReporting to the Regional Real Estate Manager, you will join a team that also includes a Real Estate Manager and Property Assistant. You will play a key role supporting operations and financial responsibilities, with a focus on the financial piece. Key activities will include heavy financial reporting, accruals, re-forecasts, budgeting and reconciliations.
Your responsibilities will also include managing our customer ticketing system and conducting property inspections. Additionally, we'll look to you to help organize tenant events and oversee other special event coordination as needed. More specifically, you will:
- Support the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports. You'll manage reporting accruals, and financial reporting.
- Respond to customer requests and needs, coordinating efforts between Property Management and Technical Operation teams to resolve the issues.
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposal and service agreements; monitor vendor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and facilitate maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain and enhance the assigned portfolio of properties.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations Team for the assigned portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Support accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
Why Digital RealtyOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in managing financial and operational aspects of this portfolio, giving you great exposure and visibility. You will work with and learn from a talented group of managers and join a team that works well together.
This is a résumé-building role; not only will you learn the data center industry, but you also will expand your experience in diverse areas of accounting and finance. We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow. We've already mentioned the possibility of directly managing some properties, and we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to advance within Real Estate Management or along other paths in our organization.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with over 500 employees worldwide, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive portfolio of services and solutions and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their data center partner for current data center needs and those in the future. Our investment grade debt ratings provide us with access to capital and financing options to support the growth of our company and allow us to continually invest in our properties. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner. At Digital Realty the success of their business is our business.
We are a collaborative, people-focused group dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won't get hands-on with the technical assets, you will learn about data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission-critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessThe team in Santa Clara is easygoing and gets along well with one another -- we work hard but we have fun in the process. To fit in well you will bring high energy and a positive approach. In short order you should establish a track record of being dependable and following through. You'll remain adaptable and unruffled as you manage multiple activities and changing priorities, even when the pressure is on. The ideal candidate will thrive in this kind of environment, and take pride in delivering quality work against tight deadlines.
We realize that there will be a learning curve as you get to know the data center business, and we'll look to you to be proactive about learning quickly. In fact, you should be open to learning new processes on an ongoing basis. Data Centers represent one of the most complex niches in real estate and mastering it will set you apart in the field.
You'll need to be effective at contributing to team efforts, and you also will need to be self-motivated and able to achieve goals independently. Your supervisor is happy to provide support, of course. At the same time, in a busy office, you should be resourceful about doing some research and asking around to get the information you need. Establishing relationships with peers and colleagues in different locations will be helpful in this effort.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.