The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Assistant Real Estate Manager opportunity, you also should have:
- Associate or bachelor's degree or certificate in Accounting, Finance or Property Management preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in commercial property management and financial reporting, with strong accounting skills
- Understanding of and experience with most or all of the following:
- Financial terms and principles
- Financial reporting and analysis; ability to analyze financial statements
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchase order creation
- Preparing service contracts and addendums
- General accounting and budgeting functions
- Variance analysis; reconciliations
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service
- Computer proficiency including familiarity with MS Office Suite applications; strong Excel skills
- Experience with property management software, preferably Yardi
- Strong property / construction accounting experience is preferred
- Experience in data centers or other properties involving critical infrastructure is an advantage
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to express ideas clearly over the phone, in emails and other writing, and in person
- The ability to achieve goals independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent self-motivator
Pictured: Front entrances to 9333 and 9355 W. Grand Ave., Franklin Park, IL.
The RoleReporting to the Real Estate Manager, you will join a team that also includes two other Real Estate Managers. You will play a key role supporting operations and financial responsibilities, with a focus on the financial piece. Key activities will include heavy accounts payable, financial reporting, accruals, re-forecasts, budgeting and reconciliations.
Your responsibilities will also include conducting property inspections. More specifically, you will:
- Support the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports
- Handle the accounts payable function regarding the issuance of POs, and the review, coding and approval of invoices
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposal and service agreements; monitor vendor performance against service level agreements
- Schedule and facilitate maintenance with vendors and customers
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain and enhance the assigned portfolio of properties
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Data Center Operations Team for the assigned portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers, including contract and contact information and certificates of insurance
- Support accounts receivable and accounts payable, including collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors
- Maintain Certificate of Insurance documents for vendors as well as customers
- Handle various Office Manager duties
What's in It for YouOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in managing the financial and operational aspects of your assigned properties, giving you great exposure and visibility. You will work with and learn from a talented group of managers and join a team that works well together.
This is a résumé-building role; not only will you learn the data center industry, but you also will expand your experience in diverse areas of accounting and finance, and will have special insight into the organization through your accounting activities. We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow and we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to advance within Real Estate Management or pursue other paths of advancement in our organization.
Growth without limits
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1500 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible in multiple areas of the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
We are a collaborative, people-focused group dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
We provide a competitive wage with the potential to earn overtime and a discretionary bonus. Additionally, you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won't get hands-on with the technical assets, you will learn about data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission-critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel here you will be a motivated go-getter with a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly. Ours is a fast-paced environment and we're looking for a professional who takes pride in their abilities to handle pressure, multi-task and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. The role requires a detail orientation, and the dynamic environment requires the ability to grasp the big picture and how the details fit into it.
To fit in well with the team you will bring a results orientation, a high level of professionalism and an upbeat personality. We work closely -- in terms of both space and collaboration -- and we help one another out whenever we can. At the same time, you should be resourceful and able to accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification.
You'll communicate with a variety of contacts and partners internally and externally, so you'll need the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships. You'll need a knack for interacting effectively with people in different functional areas, who may have different priorities; in some cases, you may need to manage expectations.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.