The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Real Estate Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in property management.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office and intermediate Excel skills. Experience with SharePoint is a plus
- The ability to learn new applications and systems quickly; experience with property management software is strongly preferred (we use Yardi).
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable and purchase order creation.
- Preparing service contracts and addendums.
- Basic accounting and budgeting functions.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to express ideas clearly over the phone, in emails and other writing, and in person.
- The ability to achieve goals independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
The RoleYou will take day-to-day direction from a Senior Real Estate Manager (SREM) and a Real Estate Managers (REM). In addition, you will interact with on-site property operations, engineering and security resources, as well as with regional and corporate staff as you work on a portfolio including about four sites. An additional site could be added as you become acclimated to and skilled in your role.
As you can see from the responsibilities below, this is a broad role. You will:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Administer contracts, including maintaining and amending service contracts, and updating logs.
- Manage and maintain service requests from tenants, and service notices to tenants.
- Collaborate with Property Assistants to maintain certificates of insurance and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Support the REMs in preparing budgets, reforecasts, true-ups, reconciliations and periodic financial reporting including variance reporting and accruals.
- Support the REMs in the administration and control of OPEX and CAPEX budgets. Work with site teams to ensure controllable expenses are within budget.
- Support purchase order and invoice register processes, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation. Work closely with AP on vendor payment and invoicing issues.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Manager and site teams on the preparation and management of site a la carte projects. Prepare Manual Billing Forms and distribute to accounting for invoicing upon completion of projects.
- Support the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals, service agreements and addendums.
- Support coordination with Data Center Operations regarding vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement scope are being met. Ensure service contract scopes of work and compensation are kept current.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Manager and site teams on administering Project Approval Forms as required.
- Through the Real Estate Manager, maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Data Center Manager for the portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Support construction accounting functions.
- Support the compliance of all customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the landlord and customer are being met.
More Good ReasonsOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in supporting the operational and financial aspects of your assigned portfolio, and we'll encourage you to take ownership of your responsibilities. You will work with and learn from talented managers and join a team that works well together. Your ability to acclimate to and work effectively with the team will be essential.
Not only will you learn the data center industry, but you also will be able to expand/enhance your experience in diverse areas of real estate as well. We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow, and are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to advance to a Real Estate Manager position or follow another career path in our organization.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1600 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible in multiple areas of the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won't get hands-on with the technical assets, you will learn about data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission-critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessTo excel here you will be a motivated go-getter with a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly. Ours is a fast-paced environment and we're looking for a professional who takes pride in their abilities to handle pressure, multi-task and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. The role requires a detail orientation, and the dynamic environment requires the ability to grasp the big picture and how the details fit into it.
To fit in well with the team you will bring a results orientation, a high level of professionalism and an upbeat personality. We work closely -- in terms of both space and collaboration -- and we help one another out whenever we can. At the same time, you should be resourceful and able to accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification.
You'll communicate with a variety of contacts and partners internally and externally, so you'll need the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships. You'll need a knack for interacting effectively with people in different functional areas, who may have different priorities; in some cases, you may need to manage expectations.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.