The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Operations Coordinator opportunity, you will have:
- 3+ years of related administrative / office experience
- A professional and articulate presence and comfort interacting with all levels including executives
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Experience developing presentations and managing spreadsheets
- Strong writing skills including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with strict attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple activities and priorities
- A friendly people-oriented approach and the ability to interact effectively with customers and coworkers
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications
- A strong sense of ownership and goal driven personality
- Resourcefulness and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Reliability and punctuality
The RoleReporting to the Vice President, Technical Operations, you will handle an array of responsibilities to support the Technical Operations organization. This organization manages 24x7x365 operations of data centers. Internally your title will be Data Center Coordinator.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Creating PowerPoints, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and other presentations and reports
- Tracking and maintaining Data Center employee database (direct and contingent) throughout the United States
- Developing reports to track overtime, staffing levels, and key performance indicators
- Updating site and department level organizational charts
- Reconciling site level general expenses and material purchasing
- Developing and managing the department Homepage in SharePoint
- Organizing meeting resources and logistics
- Preparing meeting agendas and recording meeting minutes
- Developing and managing document retention strategies and file structures
- Updating databases, preparing materials for meetings, preparing presentations, etc.
- Additional tasks and initiatives, as assigned
You'll also use this database to update and create organization charts that are shared with customers and internal contacts. With 650+ employees, a complete org chart can be more than 50 pages.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Video: You will support operations in data centers around the world, but this video gives you a sense of our industry-leading offerings in Boston alone. Our comprehensive portfolio of services and amenities make us the data center provider of choice.
More Good ReasonsProfessional development
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to learn new things in this role, and you'll have broad exposure to different areas of our business. The Vice President has deep experience and will help you get up to speed. You might even pick up some high-tech knowledge!
Autonomy and support
We're looking for a professional who can take ownership of these responsibilities and handle things independently. The VP travels about 50% of the time, so you should be resourceful about getting the information you need. At the same time, support is always available, in the office or via phone.
Our offices are located at Post Office Square, a historic park where many go to enjoy their lunch. It features a café, and is near other downtown amenities. We're a 2-minute walk from the State Street MBTA station.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion.
Green standard for sustainability
We are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive wage, overtime opportunities and a discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: from Singapore to San Francisco to Dublin (top to bottom), Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessThere will be plenty to learn as you come on board, and we'll help you get up to speed. We'll look to you be proactive about learning the ropes quickly. You'll also interact with a wide variety of people in the organization, so building relationships will help you moving forward. For the most part, a collaborative approach will work best, but there may be times when you need to be firm but tactful. For example, the VP asks for information regularly, and you will help ensure that team members deliver by deadlines.
It should be clear by now that exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail will be essential. Technical Operations is large and things are constantly evolving. We've already stressed the importance of being resourceful and working independently, and this should include quickly learning whom to ask and where to go to get what you need. But it also includes knowing when to ask for help.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Operations / Data Center Coordinator, you will:
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Bring energy and self-motivation
- Remain flexible and adaptable as the organization and your responsibilities evolve
- Keep a constant eye out for ways to improve processes and efficiency
- A results orientation and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Establish a reputation for being reliable and delivering results.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.