The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for this Operations Coordinator opportunity, you should also have:
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience as an administrative / executive assistant, office manager, operations coordinator, customer service employee, or in a similar role
- Experience in the real estate / property management sector will be a plus
- A proactive mindset with exceptional organization, great time management, and high attention to detail
- Computer proficiency including the ability to use email, to manage a calendar program, and to use the Microsoft Suite of programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, a professional and articulate presence, and comfort interacting with customers as well as senior executives
- Strong writing skills including accurate grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Resourcefulness, a strong sense of ownership, and the ability to achieve goals independently
- High energy, drive and ambition
- Great listening skills
- Comfort with change and the ability to drive improvements
- Strong project management skills
- A results orientation and the ability to manage multiple projects
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in Business Management, Accounting, Communication or a related field
- Bookkeeping experience (accounts payable, budgeting, invoices, etc.)
- Experience in Yardi 7 / Payscan and/or SharePoint would be a plus
- Experience coordinating all of the pieces that contribute to successful meetings, such as booking hotels and flights, scheduling food, preparing reports, taking notes, following up with a summary of action items, etc.
The RoleReporting directly to the VP, Property Operations, you will execute a variety of administrative support tasks for key leaders in Operations and several sub-groups within the department. Your efforts will support four areas within Operations:
- Real Estate Operations
- Data Center Operations
- Customer Operations
- Security Operations
You will perform general office administration duties, including, but not limited to the following duties:
- Answer, screen and direct incoming telephone calls as necessary. Respond to general inquiries and assist visitors as needed.
- Prepare documents such as proposals, presentations, correspondence, contracts and standard reports as requested.
- Coordinates document execution and signatures as necessary.
- Prepare documents such as proposals, presentations, correspondence, contracts and standard reports as requested, and organize and maintain proper documentation filing systems.
- Process departmental invoices and travel expenses as necessary, including preparing portfolio allocations for submission to Accounting.
- Coordinate the documentation and review of major policies, procedures and documents with appropriate subject matter experts. Incorporate revisions and coordinate appropriate distribution.
- Track and ensure all operating manuals and handbooks are reviewed annually.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic file systems and databases for manager and/or department.
- Arrange and coordinate appointments, travel schedules and reservations for manager and/or department. Complete expense reports as requested.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare meeting facilities, and record minutes of meetings.
- Copy, consolidate, file, mail or route correspondence, mail, reports or other printed materials.
- Conduct research and assist in data verification, consolidation and presentation of performance data.
- Coordinate the maintenance of contact lists, email directories, property assignments, and organizational charts.
- Manage online document repositories for department and maintains procedures and training material to support user administration
- Maintain all internal web-portal pages under the Operations Department by working with IT to manage access permissions and implement required webpage changes/additions.
- Assist with the production of training materials, presentations and manuals as needed and maintain materials - keeping them up to date.
- Assist with coordinating site level training and assist with developing & maintaining training platform(s).
- Support the planning, budgeting and consolidated reporting of operating expenses and capital expenditures. Administer and assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports as requested.
- Support the all general management and administration requirements of the Operations department, as may be required.
Why Digital RealtyProfessional development
As long as you have the motivation to learn and grow, you’ll find plenty of opportunities in this position to expand your experience and knowledge. If you’re the person we’re looking for, you understand that proactively finding ways to improve the department while doing the hands-on work will allow you to demonstrate your attention to detail and showcase your ability to deliver results -- characteristics we look for when identifying talent to promote. We are a large company with many offices and opportunities. Once you excel in this role and learn the company, you’ll see that there are many roles, either in further administrative positions or in other parts of the business, that could be a next career step for you.
The Chicago office has a casual atmosphere, and we have built great camaraderie in our group. We have an open-door management style, and team meetings each week to keep everyone on track.
The “best of both worlds”
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1600 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible in multiple areas of the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
We are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty and Telx will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability
We are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you’ll need to be proactive, ready to take over and figure things out, and willing to pick up the phone and reach out to others within the company to find answers when it becomes necessary. Since you will be the only administrative support for this Operations group, we need a self-starter who can run with very little direction, taking responsibility for making sure the department runs smoothly. This is the kind of role where nothing is “not your job,” so you’ll need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs doing.
To keep track of all parts of your role, you’ll need to have exceptional organizational abilities and high attention to detail. You’ll serve as a record keeper and documenter as you also help keep key projects on schedule and consolidate info in order to ensure communication and synergy amongst the team. If you are proactive, have strong motivation, you’re able to learn quickly, and have a professional demeanor and service-oriented personality, then we want to hear from you!
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value. ℠
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty’s clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.