The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Assistant Real Estate / Property Manager opportunity, you also should have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, or Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting; solid accounting skills and experience are a strong plus.
- A strong understanding of financial terms and principles, including:
- Experience with annual reconciliations, common area maintenance (CAM), budget and variance reporting and accruals.
- The ability to analyze financial statements.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office and strong Excel skills.
- Experience with property management software, ideally Yardi.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- The ability to travel to other locations throughout the state of Massachusetts as needed.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, including the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Pictured: Our Needham Data Center at 128 First Avenue is convenient to near the Rte. 95 and Rte. 90 interchange.
The RoleReporting to the Senior Real Estate Manager, you will join a team that also includes a Property Assistant and be responsible for the management of an assigned portfolio of data centers in Massachusetts and Connecticut. You will play a key role supporting operations and financial responsibilities, with a focus on the financial piece. Key activities will include heavy financial (variance, budget, etc.) reporting, annual reconciliations, CAM, accruals, re-forecasts and budgeting.
Additionally, we'll look to you to help organize tenant events and oversee other special event coordination as needed. More specifically, you will:
- Support the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, monthly reports, and variance reports. Manage reporting accruals, journal entries, and heavy financial reporting.
- Process and pay property expenses, and assist with accounts receivable, including collection of rent, accruals, common area maintenance estimates, true-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Respond to customer requests and needs; coordinate efforts with Property Management and Technical Operation Teams to resolve the issues.
- Oversee selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of requests for proposal and service agreements; monitor vendor performance against service level agreements.
- Schedule and facilitate maintenance with vendors and customers.
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain and enhance the assigned portfolio of properties.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations Team for the assigned portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Document and track all certificates of insurance from vendors and customers.
- Maintain accurate and pertinent information for vendors and customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
Video: Take a virtual tour of Digital Realty's Needham Datacenter Campus. Featured here is 105 Cabot Street, one of two adjacent mission critical buildings -- the other has the 128 First Avenue address. 105 Cabot is a three-story data center with 135,000 gross square feet and approximately 40,000 square feet of raised floor. With 10 MW of redundant utility power, this highly energy-efficient building is designed to be concurrently maintainable for all key infrastructure components. Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good ReasonsOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in managing financial and operational aspects of this portfolio, giving you great exposure and visibility. You will work with and learn from a talented group of stakeholders and join a team that works well together.
Not only will you learn the data center industry, but you also will expand your experience in diverse areas of accounting and finance. We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow. We've already mentioned the possibility of taking on additional responsibilities, and we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to advance within Real Estate Management or along other paths in our organization.
Growth without limits
We merged with DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), effective in September 2017, accelerating our commitment to provide the most comprehensive set of data center solutions and expertise in the market. We now are able to support deployments ranging from single-cabinet colocation and interconnection to multi-megawatt to hyperscale. The combined company has an equity market cap of approximately $27 billion, and a total enterprise value of over $35 billion. According to industry analysts, the combined company will be the largest wholesale data-center REIT in the US.
We value collaboration and encourage innovation, and the organization is committed to providing employees the tools they need to excel and develop professionally.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans; flexible spending plans for multiple purposes; a health savings account; a 401(k) plan with company match, and much more.
Pictured: From Singapore (top) to San Francisco to Dublin, Digital Realty is about removing limits to global business. Through our seamless, interconnected global network we offer more open data center service choices than anyone, including choices around vendors, service partners, network carriers, configurations and locations.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you'll need to have the disposition to work under pressure and shift priorities quickly, depending upon the current needs of the business. Ours is a fast-paced environment where you may be called upon to produce a report or work on a new task within a tight deadline. We're looking for a professional who excels in this type of environment and takes pride in their ability to deliver.
To be an outstanding Assistant Real Estate / Property Manager, you will be a team player, and have an easygoing and adaptable personality. We have a close-knit, highly energetic team at our Needham, MA office, so we're really looking for someone who can come in, and seamlessly become a part of our upbeat group right off the bat. You'll enjoy taking part in our team building events, group lunches and much more.
We realize that there will be a learning curve, as you get to know the data center business, and we'll look to you to be proactive about learning quickly. In fact, you should be open to learning new processes on an ongoing basis. Data Centers represent one of the most complex niches in real estate, and mastering it will set you apart in the field.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers" needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.