The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Real Estate Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, or Finance (highly preferred), or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in commercial property management and financial reporting.
- A proven track record of providing superior customer service.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office and intermediate Excel skills. Experience with SharePoint is a plus
- Experience with property management software is strongly preferred (we use Yardi), but at a minimum, you will need to be able to learn new programs quickly.
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable and purchase order creation.
- Preparing service contracts and/or lease agreements.
- Budget review and variance analysis.
- Reviewing operating statements.
- Basic accounting.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications, including the capability to create complex financial and business related documents.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Pictured: 850 E. Collins is a 121,000 square foot free-standing building in Digital Realty’s 69-acre datacampus known as Digital Dallas. Located in the epicenter of North Dallas' high technology corridor, the campus is powered by a dedicated, privately-owned substation, and served by nine different telecommunications fiber providers currently located in the campus. Clients include some of the most innovative and trusted companies in the world.
The RoleReporting to the Real Estate Manager, you will join a team that includes a property assistant. In addition, you'll interact with on-site engineering and security resources, as well as with regional and corporate staff as you work on a portfolio including four sites. An additional site could be added as you become acclimated to and skilled in your role.
As you can see from the responsibilities below, this is a broad role. However, you can expect to spend a good deal of time in supporting the Real Estate Manager in financial reporting and variance analysis, including truing up information for quarterly and year-end reporting. Specifically, will:
- Support the preparation of budgets, forecasts, true-ups, reconciliations and periodic financial reporting.
- Support the control of OPEX and CAPEX through recurring meetings with the Data Center Manager and Real Estate Manager.
- Support Purchase Order and Invoice Register processes, including accruals and payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Support construction accounting functions.
- Administer property electric coding to Property Assistants for expense processing.
- Administer sub-meter calculations and submit customer billings to Accounts Receivable.
- Process customer bill backs and submit to Accounts Receivable.
- Support the compliance of all Customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being met.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Manager and Lease Administration Team to support the review of recovery setups for Tenants, ensuring the accuracy of expense recoveries and maximizing recovery revenue.
- Administer required lease administration forms such as Holdover, Termination and Colocation Order forms.
- Support the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals, service agreements and addendums. You'll also distribute executed documents to Property Assistant for PO processing.
- Support coordination with Data Center Operations regarding vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement scope are being met. Ensure service contract summaries are kept current.
- Work closely with the Real Estate Manager and Data Center Manager on administering Project Approval Forms as required.
- Support property inspections on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to the Real Estate Manager in order to maintain and enhance the asset.
- Through the Real Estate Manager, maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Data Center Manager for the portfolio to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Support Digital Realty's centralized processes including AR, AP, and others as required.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal customers.
More Good ReasonsOwnership and impact
You will play an integral part in managing the financial and operational aspects of your assigned portfolio and enjoy taking ownership of your responsibilities. You will work with and learn from talented managers and join a team that works well together. Your ability to acclimate to and work effectively with the team will be essential.
Not only will you learn the data center industry, but you also will be able to expand/enhance your experience in diverse areas of accounting and finance as well. We place a strong emphasis on helping people grow, and are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Success in this role could set you up to advance to a Real Estate Manager position or follow another career path in our organization.
The "best of both worlds"
You'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 1400 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible in multiple areas of the organization. Yet our extensive offering of services and solutions, and proven track record of growth, stability and industry-leading innovation, give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability
At Digital Realty we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers, as well as, adopting and building to LEED and BREEAM certification requirements. We are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
In addition to a competitive salary and discretionary bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, like multiple flexible spending plans, a generous company match on the 401(k) plan, and more.
Pictured: While you won't get hands-on with the technical assets, you will learn about data center operations, including both the leading-edge telecom/Internet infrastructure (above) and mission-critical systems such as cooling (below), power, security and more. Each of our data campuses is part of the largest ecosystem of world-class US, European, and APAC carriers, hosting physical connection points for the world's telecommunications networks and Internet backbones.
Keys to SuccessIf you're looking to focus on only operations, this isn't the role for you. Though you will have the opportunity to support operations, the role is heavily weighted toward financial reporting. You must truly enjoy working with the numbers. To excel here you will be a motivated go-getter with a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly. Ours is a fast-paced environment and we're looking for a professional who takes pride in their abilities to handle pressure, multi-task and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. The role requires a detail orientation, and the dynamic environment requires the ability to grasp the big picture and how the details fit into it.
To fit in well with the team in Dallas, you will bring a results orientation, a high level of professionalism and an upbeat personality. We work closely -- in terms of both space and collaboration -- and we help one another out whenever we can. At the same time, you should be resourceful and able to accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification.
You'll communicate with a variety of contacts and partners internally and externally, so you'll need the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships. You'll need a knack for interacting effectively with people in different functional areas, who may have different priorities; in some cases, you may need to manage expectations.
About UsGlobally delivering the Right Workload, in the Right Place, at the Right Value℠.
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is uniquely positioned to provide a complete range of data center solutions on a global scale that best fit our customers' needs. We can connect them to the cloud and their critical partners on an open platform that includes 156 data centers in 33 global markets on 4 continents.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day -- above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.