Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for a portfolio of properties for which you will prepare property-level financial statements including income statements, variance analyses, general ledger reconciliations and property/tenant statistics. That data will then be presented to Asset and Corporate Management to enable insights and inform better decision-making. Quick question for you - click here
The team is aligned and segmented by sections of the income statement, but also cross-trains and digs in to help one another as needed. Your primary focus will be on an assigned set of expenses, which you'll be responsible for across the portfolio. You will work independently, following a traditional accounting workflow including month-end journal entries, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, etc. Quick question for you - click here
More specifically, you will:
- Analyze the general ledger, calculate accruals and prepare journal entries
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and analyze variances
- Provide monthly P&L commentary and variance analysis
- Assist in the internal and external audits
- Manager relationships and liaise with external customers (i.e. the Operations and Finance teams, auditors)
- Participate in projects to continue to improve close process efficiency and effectiveness
- Utilize Yardi to run monthly reports and to close properties
- Record monthly accrual entries
- Review and reconcile the general ledger
- Review income statement and balance sheet accounts
- Other duties as needed and assigned
Our close is five days, and even during close, we enjoy work/life balance and rarely work over 50 hours per week.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.