You will join a team that includes three other 3rd shift technicians covering nights 7/365. There are two technicians on each shift.
As Data Center Technician II, you will assist all Digital Realty customers by providing “best in class” technical support. You will work with and support all customer demands including remote hands support, racking and stacking of network devices, cabling, cross-connects, and power.
Internally, you will work with the Deployment and Implementation team, the Command Center, Provisioning and Project Management to ensure all installations meet delivery dates and create a positive customer experience. You will be primarily responsible for racking and stacking network devices, cabling, terminating, testing, labeling and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic circuits and cross-connects while responding to technical support requests within the agreed Service Level Agreement time frame. As Data Center Technician II, you will also assist other members of Operations, ensuring 100% uptime to all customers.
Some projects will last a few days while others may be completed in a couple of hours. More specifically, you will:
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Perform remote hands services which are tracked through the Digital Realty ticketing system. This includes, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Equipment rack and stack. Quick question for you - click here
- Cable, terminate and dress fiber or copper network cabling.
- Assist customers with the diagnosis of hardware and software issues on their equipment.
- Power cycling of customer equipment.
- Blade/card, memory, hard drive, and transceiver installations or removal.
- Testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic circuits.
- Perform cabinet/cage audits.
- Perform migrations of equipment, power, or networking devices.
- Ship and receive packages.
- Receive, install, and test customer and internal cross-connects of copper and fiber optic interconnections.
- Use power and hand tools ( source & light meters, OTDR test sets, screwdrivers, drills, wire strippers, lacing tool, punch down tools, etc.).
- Provide timely customer and internal updates using a computer-based ticketing system (Insite, FNT & Salesforce).
- Perform and document inventory verification/counts.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Perform infrastructure builds including:
- Relay Racks
- Ladder Racking and Basket Tray
- Fiber Trough
- Monitor and report on Mechanical HVAC systems
- Monitor and report on Critical Power Systems
- Be flexible about performing other tasks as required.