As Data Center Manager, you will need experience in data center electrical, mechanical and network system operations and possess knowledge of large-scale data centers, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems. In addition, you will participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion of all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facility, and ensure these activities are executed in a controlled and proven method to ensure the reliability of the critical loads supported by these systems.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing operational strategies to ensure Digital Realty’s data center operations achieve the highest level of availability.
As Data Center Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of local data center operations at our Phoenix, Arizona data center property. Data center operations include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering operations and core infrastructure maintenance Quick question for you - click here
- Data center construction management, commissioning and start-up
- Delivery of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services and deployment
- Installation and management of all cable and network infrastructure supporting facility and customer connectivity
- Technical event management including post-event root cause analysis and infrastructure repair
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Executing all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission-critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Supervising all construction activity and installations, in coordination with internal and external construction resources, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards.
- Witnessing testing of all equipment during commissioning and validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation.
- Managing provisioning of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to data center customers.
- Managing all local customer installations, in coordination with Sales Engineering, Design & Construction and Colocation Operations to coordinate customer move-ins and turn-ups, including deployments, power circuit installations and connectivity requirements.
- Overseeing local installation, maintenance and repair of all network infrastructure supporting all Digital Realty and customer connectivity in coordination with internal IT and network personnel.
- Supervising local engineering team to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to guarantee execution of Digital Realty’s periodic maintenance program and maintenance calendar.
- Developing, implementing and auditing local standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to be in compliance with Digital Realty’s standards and industry best practices.
- Supervising local change management processes including the review and approval of all Method of Procedures (MOPs) for maintenance and one-time/emergency repair events in coordination with onsite personnel, contractors and customers.
- Managing all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to Digital Realty’s performance standards and scopes of work.
- Responsible for timely execution of data center services such as remote hands, customer installations and service requests.
- Supervising security personnel and manage security systems including the adherence to security policies and compliance programs (as required by the Real Estate Manager).
- Acting as primary technical and operational contact for data center customers – both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day-to-day operations. Developing knowledge of our customers' core businesses and the business function of the customer’s local data center operation.
- Managing technical and operational incidents at the property, including the implementation of emergency response procedures, resource coordination, customer communication, root-cause analysis and post-event remediation.
- Identifying trends and analyzing risks to articulate implications and impact to data center operations. Tracking operational metrics and other data to provide Senior Management oversight and control for both snapshot data and long-term trend analysis.
- Identifying process-based improvements that generate operational and financial efficiencies including the development and presentation of the business case.
- Supporting the Real Estate Manager with the management of expenses and assist all budgeting, forecasting and reporting requirements by providing capital and expense requirements and justifications.
- Supporting pre-sales process, including, but not limited to, conducting sales tours and reviewing lease proposals and lease agreements to confirm compliance with Digital Realty standards and local requirements.
- Supporting various accreditation initiatives, including, but not limited to, SSAE16, SOC2, ISO 27001, etc. as may be required by Digital Realty.
- Maintaining compliance with local health & safety (i.e. OSHA) standards and national electrical and building codes.