More about the Requirements
In addition to the qualifications already described, you should have:
- Solid computer skills, including:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience with property management software, preferably Yardi.
- The ability to travel locally to visit multiple data center locations.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Very strong communication and customer-facing abilities.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to coach and mentor others.
- A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks for both tenants and internal departments.
- Strong organizational skills and a detail orientation.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Great customer service ability, including a service-driven mindset and excellent tenant relations skills with the ability to effectively resolve situations or complaints from customers, employees, and/or management.
- Problem-solving skills, a resourceful nature, and the willingness to seek solutions and information.
For the most part, you will work typical business hours, Monday through Friday. At the same time, we'll look to you to be flexible about working overtime on occasion. You'll also need to be willing and able to respond by phone or email, if needed, outside of normal business hours.
More about the Role
In addition to the financial piece described under The Role
tab, you'll also assist with the overall management and maintenance of the buildings, including a robust mechanical and electrical infrastructure that was built specifically for our customers. This will include working closely with a full complement of Engineering, Maintenance, Janitorial and Security staff who will help with the technical aspects of the facility.
More specifically, you will:
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More about your success
- Oversee and be responsible for the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures.
- Manage the preparation of multimillion-dollar annual budgets, forecasts, quarterly reports, and variance reports. Quick question for you - click here
- Supervise the accounts receivable and accounts payable process, including the collection of rent, accruals, payment of expenses, common area maintenance estimates, tune-ups, reconciliations, compliance with lease terms, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Oversee the compliance of all customer lease agreements to ensure all obligations of the Landlord and Customer are being met.
- Respond to customer requests and needs and coordinate with the Property Management and Technical Operation Teams to solve the issues.
- Maintain a strong relationship with customers.
- Oversee the selection and performance of vendor services, including preparation of request for proposals and service agreements; monitor vendor performance to ensure compliance and standards established in the service agreement are being met; supervise scheduling and facilitating maintenance with vendors and customers. Quick question for you - click here
- Perform property inspections on a regular basis; make recommendations to maintain/enhance the asset.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Asset Manager and Technical Operations Team for the portfolios to ensure that all corporate objectives are being met.
- Supervise and manage your team members to ensure exceptional performance is being achieved.
- Set and attain performance goals.
- Hold the responsibility for the development, coaching, and counseling of the team members.
To excel here you will be a motivated go-getter with a proactive approach to getting up to speed quickly. Ours is a fast-paced environment and we're looking for a professional who takes pride in their ability to handle pressure, multi-task and remain flexible and adaptable as priorities change. The role requires a strong detail orientation, and the dynamic environment requires the ability to grasp the big picture and how the details fit into it.
To fit in well with the team, you will bring a collegial attitude paired with a high level of professionalism and an upbeat personality. You should be resourceful and able to accomplish tasks autonomously, but you also should know when to ask for help or clarification. The team dynamic is important as well, and you should be proactive about establishing a reputation for reliability, attitude and quality work.
You'll communicate with a variety of people internally and externally, so you'll need the interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships, and the ability to provide great customer service. You'll also need a knack for interacting effectively with people in different functional areas, who may have different priorities; in some cases, you may need to manage expectations. Additionally, you'll keep your supervisor informed as appropriate and leverage her in cases where escalation is required.