More about the Requirements
In addition to the qualifications described under The Requirements
tab, you will need:
- Solid MS Office Suite skills, including Word and advanced ability in Excel.
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both co-workers and clients.
- A collaborative, team player mentality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary and to respond to emergencies.
Preferred but not required:
More about the Role
- Electrical, HVAC and / or mechanical licenses.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant certification.
- Experience writing technical MOPs.
- Change management experience.
- Experience with incident reporting.
- Technical trade school or other relevant education.
In addition to the responsibilities described under The Role
tab, specific responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining all building systems and mission-critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including mechanical, electrical, emergency generators, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
- Conducting routine, ongoing assessment of the building systems operations.
- Performing tests and rounds, and analyzing data to assure the proper functioning of equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance on all building equipment.
- Working on building management programs for a mission-critical facilities environment.
- Ensuring efficient operation of all building systems.
- Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services. Coordinating maintenance efforts, as needed, with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers.
- Maintaining lighting in all areas of the building.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management and vendors.
- Assisting in updating and/or maintaining as-built drawings.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assisting with maintaining inventory control programs/purchasing parts and supplies.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and Digital directives as they relate to building operations.
You'll typically spend half of your time on the floor and should be eager to expand your skills and take on a variety of duties. Pivotal to your success will be your ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems independently.
More about your success
Depending on your background, there may be a lot to learn. We'll help you, of course, but you also should be proactive about getting up to speed quickly. Even if your knowledge is broad and deep, you should be open to learning on an ongoing basis -- no one knows it all.
To excel in this position you will grasp the important role played by the equipment and infrastructure in this data center, and the critical role played by the data center in our customers' businesses. To be successful on this team you'll need to see this as much more than a job -- you'll need to see it as a mission. You will be a self-motivated go-getter who's willing to step outside of your comfort zone, ask questions, share knowledge and influence/lead by example. In addition, to be an outstanding Data Center Facilities Engineer II, you will:
- Achieve goals independently, but also know when to ask for help.
- Remain open to learning new things, including the Digital Realty way of doing business.
- Be willing to dig in to discover the cause of issues and be creative in solving them.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pride in your work.
- Bring a commitment to teamwork.