More about the Requirements
In addition to the qualifications described under The Requirements
tab, the following are preferred but not required
- General knowledge of AC/DC electrical theory
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of Telcordia installation standards
- Mission-critical data center facility maintenance experience
In addition, you will need:
- A strong work ethic including reliability, timeliness and pride in your work
- A commitment to quality and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Professional business and written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
Physical demands of the position include the ability to:
- Lift and handle up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of network devices, materials, or equipment
- Work under a raised data center floor
- Climb ladders (up to 16 feet) to reach plenum spaces
This role works onsite for every scheduled shift. We are following appropriate protocols to ensure the health and safety of all employees. We'll look to you to be flexible about working afternoon and night shifts.
More about the Role
In addition to handling the responsibilities described under The Role
tab, as part of your specific responsibilities, you will:
- Perform remote hands services which are tracked through the Digital Realty ticketing system. This includes, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Equipment rack and stack.
- Cable, terminate and dress fiber or copper network cabling.
- Assist customers with the diagnosis of hardware and software issues on their equipment.
- Power cycling of customer equipment.
- Blade/card, memory, hard drive, and transceiver installations or removal.
- Testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber optic circuits.
- Perform cabinet/cage audits.
- Perform migrations of equipment, power, or networking devices.
- Ship and receive packages.
- Receive, install, and test customer and internal cross-connects of copper and fiber optic interconnections.
- Use power and hand tools ( source & light meters, OTDR test sets, screwdrivers, drills, wire strippers, lacing tool, punch down tools, etc.).
- Provide timely customer and internal updates using a computer-based ticketing system (Insite, FNT & Salesforce).
- Perform and document inventory verification/counts.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Perform infrastructure builds including:
- Relay Racks
- Ladder Racking and Basket Tray
- Fiber Trough
- Monitor and report on Mechanical HVAC systems
- Monitor and report on Critical Power Systems
- Be flexible about performing other tasks as required.
This is a 3rd shift role, but you will train on 1st shift for up to two weeks.
More about your success
Your technical knowledge will be essential, but just as important will be teamwork skills. Our customers hold us to high expectations, the environment is time-sensitive, and the pressure can be high. By working well together, we can all succeed and thrive. To be successful on this team you'll need to see this as much more than a job -- you'll need to see it as a mission.
You will need to grasp the important role played by the equipment and infrastructure in this data center, and the critical role played by the data center in our customers' businesses. Billions and even trillions of dollars are transacted over the networks we support. Downtime of even a few minutes can cost millions. Digital Realty has achieved five 9s (99.999%) uptime in each of the last nine years, in no small part because of the dedication and passion of our technicians.
In addition, to be an outstanding Data Center Technician II, you will:
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Achieve goals independently, but also know when to ask for help.
- Remain open to learning new things, including the Digital Realty way of doing business.
- Be willing to dig in to discover the cause of issues and be creative in solving them.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pride in your work.