More about the Requirements
The following competencies and characteristics are just as important as the qualifications described under The Requirements
- Some exposure to databases and an understanding of how they work; experience with SQL or VB is strongly preferred. Quick question for you - click here
- Experience with real estate industry software (Yardi, Argus, MRI, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in the real estate, property management or related industry will also be an advantage.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
More about the Role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation abilities.
- A team player mentality and strong learning acumen.
- Strong organizational skill with the ability to multitask and manage projects to keep teams on track with deliverables in a high-pressure setting.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a strong sense of urgency and turning in quality work under strict time constraints.
- Flexibility and the desire to go above and beyond what is required
In addition to the responsibilities described under The Role
tab, as part of your specific responsibilities, you will:
About your Success
- Maintain and update our consolidated Corporate Projections via input from numerous departments and sources.
- Update and interpret various portfolio metrics on a quarterly basis; define business rules and build out associated trends and analysis.
- Liaise with different departments (Accounting, Asset Mgmt, Operations, Finance) as required to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Track same-store performance and identify areas where same-store performance can be improved.
- Nurture a deep understanding of our systems and how they work/interrelate
- Develop models and analytical tools, processes and systems to meet evolving business needs.
- Prepare presentations combining qualitative and quantitative data; present findings and make recommendations to senior audiences effectively.
To excel in this role you will be a sponge for knowledge, open and willing to learn. You also will understand the importance of grasping the background and context around what you learn. On the one hand, you will take the initiative to learn what you can on your own -- particularly in working through technology challenges to master systems and get what you need. At the same time, there is no "playbook," so you also should be willing to ask for help.
Lots of job postings talk about "good communication skills," but in this role, they are truly essential. You'll need to be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and at different locations. Collaboration is key here, so you'll call on your organizational agility to successfully coordinate with different stakeholders and departments across multiple time zones.
Additionally, you'll need to be able to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities and exercise good judgment. We're looking for a skilled and highly motivated individual who can research, compile, analyze, report and present findings in a clear and concise way. To fit in well with the team, you should be able to thrive in a fast-moving, often stressful environment and maintain an easy-going manner and sense of humor, even as you undertake your responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.